***Baby Hopes 2006 Part 2***
85 Replies
Shawna - March 22

Well Kristi, I hope the witch stayed away. I hate this wating game! Elena, I'm so happy for you. You and your family must be over the moon! Feel free to bounce some names off us if you want. I like the name Victoria. We were thinking of it when we were pg with Alexander, but my cousins girlfriend had her baby first and named her Victoria, and Alexander turned out to be a boy so Victoria was no longer appropriate. Have you decided to get an epidural? I have mixed feelings about them. I never had one with Alexander, it was completely natural. However, before I put myself out there as super mom I will admit the choice was not mine. When I asked for one the paged the guy to do it and he said he was with someone else, but would be there next. They paged him a second time and he never called back and never did show up. Thank goodness my labour was only 4 hours 5 minutes from start (first contraction I felt) to finish. If we have another child, I'll probably go natural again. Alexander was so alert and he nursed right away, which they want newborns to do. He was very content. He slept for the next 6 hours which allowed me to sleep for 6 hours. But it is a personal choice. Have you decided to take any prenatal classes? Taylor hated them, but I found them helpful. Also, our hospital offers tours to all expecting moms and dads, that too was very helpful. If you have other questions, please ask! Well it is official for me.... I hate clomid! I don't know how many times I woke up last night from a hot flash, uncover, falll back to sleep, then wake up again because the hot flash has come and gone and I am freezing! I never had any hot flashes last time. I took my last pill last night, Thank God! So far no weird ovary twitches or pulsations! Monica, how are things? Please remeber we are here for you! I have to go lay down, too sleepy. Thank goodness I didn't get called to teach today! Take care Girls, will check in later!

Kristi - March 23

Hi ladies...I rarely even look at too many of the other threads in here, but I had to to the second page to find us and another thread caught my eye....maybe you have all seen, but it is from a husband whose wife is 6 mo pg and tried to commit suicide because she has to have a c-section!! I think the thread is titled "wife tried to abort baby" or something similar and this is the second thread he had done, so i found the original thread, it is called "my wife needs help" and is back a few pages.... they had tried to get pg for 4 years, finally did last year, had a mc and are now pg the second time and she is freaking out of the operation!! I felt so bad for this guy, i just cant imagine....you all should read it and see what you think.....Nothing to report on myself, i think AF will be here today or tomorrow....bummer. Later ladies!!!

Elena - March 25

omg I read that Kristy that is so sad. I mean I can understand being afraid but that is no reason for someone to do that. I just look at all these forums of women writing about how they want a baby so bad and this women go does that. Its ashame. I hope she will be well and not try to harm her baby when she is at home when no one is around. I'm seriously praying for this couple. This made me so said and even cry! :( Well did you get af? Shawna how are you feeling. Well ladies I still have morning sickness my hubby took me to a great Japanese Restaurant to eat my favorite food Sushi. Don't worry I can eat it as long as it's cooked!! But anyways got sick last night and threw up my dinner it sucks. I wish this would go away. I hate throwing up. But to your answer Shawna if my placenta previa does not go away then I will have to have a c-section and if I have vaginal delivery then I will get a epidural because, I'm not good with pain. Oh Shawna I have one question my friends have been asking me when I want my baby shower and I told them 2 months before I give birth which will be in July. But anyways my question is who is supposed to pick out the invitations for the baby shower? Because I've seen some that were really cute and I did not know if I should give them the style of the one's Iike to give them a idea. or if I should let them choose one themselves. My girlfriend when she had her babyshower she picked her own out. Just wondering what you thought??? Sorry such a silly question I know have such a long way.. lol Just getting anxious.

Kristi - March 27

Hi ladies, glad to hear from you Elena!! Yes, AF showed her ugly yesterday (Sunday)....she was 3-4 days late, so was getting anxious, but I was under some stress last week, so that may have caused it...we bought a new car and I dont understand why buying a new car has to be so difficult!! Oh well, its all over now! I will be starting my 50mg Clomid again tomorrow.... Well Elena, I have never had a baby shower, but I have given a few to friends....most of the time the theme is on whatever theme the mother is doing the nursury in...but I always asked the mother-to-be what theme they would like and go for that, and I know I personally would not mind one bit if the mother had found stuff on thier own that they would like to have. I am sure if you told whoever is throwing the shower what you would like they would be ok with it ;-) Well, hope everyone is doing well! Will check back later!!

Shawna - March 27

Hi Girls, Elena Kristi is right. Talk to your friend and let her know your wishes for a shower. I'm sure she wouldn't be too upset if you had suggestions. Are you American? In Canada, we have the baby shower after the baby is born, that way all of us crazy women can hold the baby. I'm really sorry af showed up Kristi. Hopefully this round will work better for you. I have been having some crazy cramps for the past few days. I'm not too sure what is going on, maybe ovulation? I am on cd 14, so that could be right. Anyways, we have been going at it like a couple of rabbits, so hopefully this will be our month. I have noticed that for the past couple of days, I have been a bit dry, could that be from the clomid? I also have awful hot flashes as well and the ovary pain started today while was teaching. My fingers are crossed for all of us. I wonder what happened to Nic? I think I will set up a post for her. Have a great Monday evening ladies!

Elena - March 28

Hey girls I have another silly question? Is it normal for your nipples to itch? Mine have been itching like crazy!!! I don't know why, it started last night and still going on. let me know. Thanks :)

Shawna - March 28

Elena, it is very normal. Believe it or not, that area on your body is expanding as well. To avoid some serious discomfort and stretch marks, head to your drug store and buy some vitamin e cream. Don't buy the cream with vitamin e in it, but get Vitamin E Cream. Smear it all over. When I was pg, I gained 48 lbs I rubbed that stuff all over several times a day and I didn't get 1 stretch mark. I think I went through several tubs of the stuff, but it is so worth it and vitamin e cream is not as expensive as stretch mark cream. Give it a try. Have your husband rub it into your back. It feels so good, especially in a couple more months! Good Luck!

Kristi - March 29

hi ladies!! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing....not much going on here...Hope everyone has a great week!

Shawna - April 2

bumping us up. Nothing new here, talk to you on Monday!

Elena - April 3

Hey anything new? Is it just Me,Shawna,Kristi?

Shawna - April 3

Hi Elena, I think it is just the 3 of us again. For the past few days I have had a lot of abdominal discomfort, with shooting pains when I cough or move suddenly. Do either of you have any ideas why. I am on cd19 today. do you think it is from ovulation? I really hope so. We've been going at pretty hard the past few days! I am pretty excited. I have an interview next Monday evening. It is for a prechool teacher position and it is only part time, but at least it is a start. I think Canada is the only place in the world, where there is more teachers than there is teaching positions. It is really frustrating! Anyway, how are both of you doing? Elena, when do you go for your next ultrasound? Don't you find out the gender at this one? I can't believe how fast your time is going by! When is your due date again? Kristi, how are you reacting to your clomid this time? I hate the stuff. I think if this round doesn't work for us, we might stop for a while and see how things go, especially if I get this preschool job. It wouldn't look too good if I became pg a month after I get hired especially since I don't start until the fall. Anyway, this is what's going on with me today, have a great week ladies!

Kristi - April 3

Hi ladies! Not much going on here either...we start the bding today....so I guess we will just see... I dont really have too many reactions to the Clomid, it doesnt seem to bother me too much, just a few hot flashes now and then and thats about it. I dont know what would be causing the cramping Shawna, I finding out that stuff like that really can just be about anything. This time around, I am trying to not look for any kind of signs, just taking it as it comes....hell, i was 3/4 days late this last AF and was just starting to think about testing when she showed! Elena, are you going to find out the sex of the baby?? Let us know if you do!! Well, everyone have a great week and will check back soon!

Kristi - April 4

Hi ladies!! Well, i just finished reading a thread on some physic named Cheri....decided to give it a try and sent her an email for the hell of it!! Cant say I really believe in that kind of thing, but i dont suppose it can hurt as long as I know it is just for fun huh!! I will let you know how it goes and if any of you want the email address its [email protected] . I got it from a thread called "Does anyone know how to get in touch with Cheri" or something like that.... Well talk to you all later!!

Kristi - April 6

Hey ladies....is anyone out there!!! ;-)

Elena - April 6

I'm still here nothing new to report. Belly starting to get bigger. Everyone says I'm all belly. That could be a good thing. Will be 4 months next tuesday. Find out sex the day after Easter which is April 17th.
Thats about it. anything new with you two??

Shawna - April 6

Nothing new. Trying not to read too much into all the little things going on with my body. I hate this whole process. Taylor is out of town for the next few days, which really sucks because I think I might be having a late o this month. I think next month I'm going to skip the clomid. The ovary pains I get on my right side (where the cyst is) are too much to handle at times. Sometimes just coughing or streching causes me to double over. I think it is time for a new method. I am really happy for you Elena! When is your due date? Did you try the vitamin e cream? Thanks for keeping us going Kristi. I have just been feeling so blah lately. I think I need to go do some shopping today to cheer me up! I hope you both have a great day and I will check back in later. Take care!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?