~o~o~oFertility Journeyo~o~o~
158 Replies
Tink - November 8

Kristi, sorry to hear about AF, that blows! ladies, hope you are all doing well! i had my IUI on Friday, 3 mature follies, one other possibility that could have grown. we didn't do a post u/s the day after like normal. not sure why, maybe the injections ensure better ovulation or something, so they assume they all released eggs? who knows. it was quick and easy and she said my cervix was much more open now, so that is good news. it was so small before (the entrance) that she said she couldn't imagine how sperm could get in naturally (at the first IUI). so that is good news that it is more open now. i am on CD17, just in the 2WW. i o'd early, so i can actually test on CD26, which is 14DPO. but i will be out of town, so i might wait a few days. i can't decide whether to test then or not. i am so nervous about it. I've been really sick with a sinus infection for 10 days, got the okay to do tylenol sinus and sudafed from the RE. but finally broke down this monday and went to the doc for antibiotics. i was trying to avoid taking them, i don't want to risk screwing up any possibility! but she gave me ones safe in case i am prego, i made sure she knew of my 'plight'. lol ____________________________________ Kristi, the cruise sounds awesome! Mel, good info on the cups, might have to try them! Shawna and Shauna, hope you are both doing well! Heather, how are you?

Tink - November 8

oh and a quick question, which i will post separately too- but i was unclear on ins coverage during my first 2 IUIs. i paid for them out of pocket- about $425 each. but i later got the insurance cleared up and learned that they do cover IUIs. so i had to go submit those two IUIs as claims to the ins directly myself. I expected to be reimbursed the $850 from ins. Problem is, the doc has a contract with them, so they had to pay him directly instead of me. and they had to pay him the 'contracted' rate he had negotiated with them. which was about $80 per IUI!!! that is nuts. so he is willing to only accept $80 per IUI if the insurance is paying, but expects me to pay $425. what a racket. anyways-, so the doc only is going to get paid $158 instead of $850. problem is, i have to get him to try and reimburse me the original $850. i don't know that he is 'required' to. ethically you would think he would. i at least am entitled to the $158 that insurance reimbursed him. but i expect more. anyone else come up against this before? i called today and the ins lady at my RE's office said they would have to wait until they got hte actual check from insurance (which they should already have, claim was processed on 10/24)....then review the explanation of benefits, before they can tell me what/how much i will get reimbursed. i am hoping it is all of it, minus the copay. but who knows. my DH will go nuts if they don't give it all back. they should. but since they already have my money, they may not want to. i don't want to rile them up either too much, in case i need to continue treatment there. any thoughts?

Kristi1 - November 8

Tink, first - Good luck with your IUI, I will be praying for a bfp for you! Second, I dont really know what they will do but it brings up a situation I have that is similar and now wonder what will happen...when I had my HSG the Dr office called my ins to see if it was covered and my ins said No, it wasnt so had to pay for it out of pocket - $475 - so now I have found out that I am automatically covered under DH's insurance (he is in the military) and I can file claims on all my stuff within the last year, and they DO cover HSG's, sooo, I had to have my Dr refile the HSG with my insurance first (since it is primary), and they have to get an EOB with the written denial, then they can file with my dh's ins...well, they filed w/my insurance, and MY insurance ended up paying on it! And it was at the "discounted" rate as well, so I wonder how much I will get back....hmmmm. I guess we will just both see once we get statements huh. Hopefully we get our $$ back! Expecially you, my discounted was only like $50 or so less, but yours is quite a bit! Good luck with that!

Tink - November 9

Kristi- well i hope you get your $$ back! sounds like your difference in cost isn't as much as me, so that is great news! i go in tomorrow and will ask for an update on mine. it is stressing me out! we do pretty well and aren't broke or anything, but that money could help pay for the injections for next cycle. or if we get our miracle this cycle, it can buy some new furniture or baby clothes! lol! let me know how yours turns out!

heather3233 - November 9

HI everyone, just a quick hi before I leave to go home. Kristi-Af on the cruise! Oh man that stinks BUT I would take a AF and a cruise over staying home anyday. :) Tink-I'm doing much better today thanks for asking. It makes me feel loved. :) I'm sorry to hear about your sinus infection though. Thats to bad, I hope you feel better soon. So you may have 3 eggs mature? Oh man how exciting, what if you had triplets!? And I would call my insurance people non stop to question them on the money thing. Sure they don't want to give it back but if it is yours then you just need to stay on their ass until they give it back! That's what I would do anyway. I hope you get it. I know I miss most of you I'm sorry, I will catch up more tomorrow so for now... Hi to Shawna, Shauna, Step, Linds, Luvmy and Ginger!

heather3233 - November 10

HI everyone Happy Friday! I hope you all have a good and relaxing weekend. I will be checking back in with you all Mon. So until then... Baby Dust *~~~~~~~~~****!

stepmommel - November 10

Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. I've been a bit depressed and haven't felt like writing. I have good news though... I got word from the nurse that my progesterone was pretty high again this month, so that's good, I did O really well, and that for the first time so far my testosterone levels were within normal range! I was so happy to hear that. However, now in the last few days I'm spotting again, so I'm really pretty certain this isn't my month and I'm confused as to why I'm spotting, as it was supposedly the testosterone that was doing it. Oh well. Next month should be my HSG, so that's good. I did talk to DH for the first time last night though about wanting to take a break for a while if nothing happens in the month or two after the HSG. Anyway, I hope you're all doing well and that Heather and Shawna are feeling well and that we have at least one more BFP this month! Talk to you all soon, but if not soon enough, have a wonderful weekend!!

Tink - November 10

Mel- what CD are you? hang in there, i know it's rough. good news about your levels though and the HSG. i would at least do the cycle after the HSG since folks say sometimes that is the best cycle/time to try.

have a great weekend ladies.....just going nuts in this 2WW. CD 19 now, but 7DPO. i test next friday. i might try and test early for once in my life- maybe on wednesday morning before i hop on a plane for work! well TGIF and have a great one with lots of baby dust!

Tink - November 10

oh and Heather- i'll definitely stay on their @ss on the insurance!!! you are right, i'll just have to bug them constantly. although i asked today when getting b/w and they said they would credit my acct when the check came in. i don't know what amount that means though, so i have to wait and see, and then argue it if i need to, plus demand a check and not a credit. if i am prego this month, a credit won't help anyways! lol- so i can hope, right? :)

stepmommel - November 11

Tink, I am CD24 today. And I think I would probably try for at least two, maybe three months after the HSG for that very reason. But if nothing happens by then, I really think I'll either need a break or step it up a notch. I've been talking to DH about it every night and he seems really troubled by the fact that it's so much an issue to me that I want a break. He's even saying he will sell our boat and one of our three cars if it means being able to come up with some extra money so we can try the more expensive things like IVF if that's what's needed since our insurance won't cover anything. I was really surprised to hear that, but it really made me love him all that much more. It's just so hard sometimes, and this month has been particularly tough. I wonder if it's the side effects of the Clomid just starting to kick in and play with my moods? Or the change in my hormones maybe? Well, everyone, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. We're going on a movie date tonight to see Stranger Than Fiction. I can't wait! :) Happy Saturday!!

DCL - November 11

Hi Ladies,

i am going nuts with this 2ww too!! I am on CD23/24 and expecting Af around the 15th, A good college friend just called me to stop my and visit her 10 day old baby since some other friends are going over. I went to see her at the hospital last friday and that was hard. I just dont think I can deal with it today since I am on pins and needles. I have been trying TTC for over 19 months and ended with a m/c , 3 failed clomid/iui cycles cysts and a possible lap on 11/30 if AF arrives. I am just a mess and feel real bad about my friend but another friend says I need to take time for myself and take a break from seeing babies. I am taking her on this advice!! Anyhow, I am not feeling much and my temp went down .1 to 97.8 this morning so not sure if that is a bad sign. Stemommel - have you been temping this cycle. I had an HSG back in Feb. It only took about 10 minutes and my cervix was not cooperating so it was extremely uncomfortable but it was over fast. My tubes were open. I had a Hysteroscopy in may and found a polyp in my uterus. I live in Mass and have Blue Cross so far haven't paid too much out of pocket and fortunate to have fertility coverage. Best of luck!

Tink - November 13

DCL- i can't remember, did you do any treatment this time around? are you going to test at all this week? good luck! we truly are almost in the same boat, i've been trying just about as long and done similar treatments, including the lap. if this isn't your month, at least you can do the lap and hopefully that will make a difference. i am praying it does for me! ;) Mel- are you going to test at all this week? that is very sweet of your DH. mine just keeps to himself, but does encourage me. he says if it happens, it happens and jokes that if it doesn't, then he can just afford a lambroghini instead of a family! lol....he really wants kiddos too though, so we will keep trying. the moodiness could definitely be the clomid, it is known for doing that. i've been extremely emotional lately and i NEVER am. i am one of those 'keeps emotions hidden' type people. i don't like crying in front of others. i'll do it alone instead. i just am weird like that, but i have been crying at radio commercials and songs lately. could be the drugs, or i am hoping it could be a miracle! lol! who knows. you can definitely blame it on the clomid. my dh has been a real trooper dealing w/ my complaining about the bloating, weight gain and exhaustion. he tells me i don't look like i've gained a lb. i know that is a lie! lol. well i test on Friday! only a few days to go. today is 10DPO and CD22. i test on CD26 (i o'd early).

Kristi1 - November 13

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well! I am on cd2 today...first cycle w/out Clomid and so far the cramps/flow seem to be lighter than when I was on Clomid...hmm... RE appt in a couple more weeks - Nov 28...other than that, not much going on with ttcing for me right now, just enjoying not having it on my brain all the time.... ;-) But I know that will soon all change again! Well, I have been keeping up on reading most of the posts even though I have not been writing myself, but I am still around! Baby dust to everyone and Shawna/Heather, hope you are both doing well with the morning sickness!

DCL - November 13

Tink, I was trying naturally since I had some cysts and my DR didn't want me on follistim until the cysts were gone. In the meantime, I made the appt for the lap since I had a feeling this cycle wouldn't work. It takes over a month to get a lap with my DR so I anticipated. I seriously think I have a problem with my egg quality. I had a bunch of follicles on my own this month and some were a great size. We B'd so much so I don't think it was a timing problem. My DH's numbers are very high so it's not him. It's me!! I just hope the lap explains something? Do you know how they can find out my eggs are good??

heather3233 - November 13

Hello Laides, How is everyones work week starting out? Mine is ok but I think the extra sleep over the weekend makes me hate work more then normal on Mondays. Mel-How are you? It great that your levels are good! Maybe you won't need the Clomid again now. And try to hang in there, having down days are normal. Tink--yeah what would you need the credit for on your acct. if your pg this mo. HA! Jerks, their always trying to keep from giving back money. Well stay on um! And it was so nice that dh said that about the boat and car. Ohhh what a great guy! DCL---I think sometimes all of us need to take a break from other peoples babies from time to time. I don't know how they test for egg quality but I know the doc.s can do it. I will have to look that up. Kristi--Glad to hear you are enjoying your ttc free life right now. I think it is good to give your mind, body and heart a break if you have been at it a long time. Its so stressful and it takes a lot out of you. Thanks for asking about it too. I am fine, the m/s isn't bad unless I just skip a meal or wait to long to eat, other then that I feel pretty good.
Hi to Shawna, Shauna, Linds, Luv and Ginger! Talk to you all tomorrow...

Shawna1 - November 14

Ok, so I'm kind of caught up! I know I'll have to go back and read over the posts again! Well, it's 9w,4d today, 214 more days to go! Heather how far along are you? When do you see the dr? Kristi, you sound really upbeat, so I hope it is your time off that is helping! So you leave on your cruise right after the holidays, right? As much as I hated to hear it while we were trying, I really think oour relaxing summer really helped in conceiving this baby. We had a lot of family time and went on a few small, but very fun and relaxing road trips. I really think that is what worked for us! Mel, are you going to test this week? Are you feeling anything unusual? Having high numbers is excellent and maybe your spotting is from implantation. I had it when I was pg with Alexander, but not this time. This time is completely opposite from Alexander's pregnancy! Tink, maybe you and Mel will be the next two? I'll keep my fingers crossed! DCL, I don't know too much about you, but I'll reread some of the posts again, one moment.......ok, so you have cysts and you are going at it au naturale. Perhaps you, Tink (Michelle right?) and Mel will all get a bfp this month? I had cysts as well, but my dr still put me on clomid, even though it didn't really work! I shouldn't say didn't, I started ovulating on my own, but I didn't conceive while on clomid. I had a lovely nap this morning, which I really needed because I felt horrible and I have a sinus thing going onas well. I refuse to take anything until I can see my dr on Dec 5. The morning sickness is more like all day sickness. I hate it very much! My boobs are still killing me and now my favourite jeans don't fit! I know you all feel really sorry for me!! I'll stop complaining ! I still feel like the luckiest gal in the world! I just wish my jeans still fit! Take care ladies! Shauna, Linds and Ginger I hope all is well!!!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?