Waiting
64 Replies
SaraD - January 18

Mary-how are you? Is everything ok???

Mary - January 18

I went to the dr. yesterday and they did the blood test and it was a 64 (the nurse made me feel bad, like this number was too low...so I'm still not getting my hopes up), but we have no clue when we conceived since we didn't think we could get pg without meds and since our RE appointment was coming up. I canceled the RE appointment cuz it would be too hard to talk about treatment plans knowing I am pg (and the cost of the appointment...). If I had to guess, I'd say I'm 17 or 18 dpo cuz of this one day I did have ewcm and I remember I had off work that day. Anyone know about numbers? I'm still spotting brown, but a nurse said it could be the placenta digging in? I have no clue and barely slept last night cuz I'm worried!

SaraD - January 18

Mary- I found this hcg chart that the ER gave me when I had my levels checked before. This is POST lmp.So you don't count from LMP.
POST LMP HCG(IU/L)
0.2- 1 week 5-50
1-2 weeks 50-500
2-3 weeks 100-5000
3-4 weeks 500-10000
4-5 weeks 1000-50000
5-6 weeks 10000-100000
6-8 weeks 15000-200000
2-3 months 10000-100000

So if you are like 15 dpo you should be about 2 weeks according to this chart. The important thing isn't what your levels are NOW, it is if they start doubling every couple days is what is important! I know you are worried but are they going to take another blood test in 48 hours? If they aren't planning on it make them! If they act like it is too low then tell them you want your levels checked again in 48 hours to make sure they doubled. If they don't double then that is cause for concern. Hang in there girl! You made it half way by getting pg now we just have to make sure the pregnany is ok. So the red stopped and now it is just brown? It is probably because you are around AF time(when it would normally be).Or like the nurse said it could be from implanting deeper. Try to stay as calm as you can.(Trust me I know it is hard!!) But you just need to take it easy and rest until you can find out what is going on. Have you started taking prenatals? If you haven't get on those RIGHT away. You'll be in my thoughts and just take care of yourself and keep me posted sweetie!! I'm here if you need me.

Mary - January 18

Thanks so much SaraD for the info. I am getting the beta hcg done again tomorrow so that will be the defining moment to either celebrate or prepare for the m/c. It's so weird that once you get the word that you are pg, you still have these concerns and potential problems -ttc and being pg aren't easy... After my beta tomorrow, I'm going out of town for the weekend (don't know if I'll have internet), but I'll let you know asap on Monday what happened. Thanks again and hope everyone is doing great!! :)

Mary - January 18

oh yeah, I am on prenatals and am religious about taking them!! I'm eating really good too lately, so I'm hopefully doing the "right stuff." :)

Mary - January 18

me again, I'm forgetful today! SaraD, about that chart. Since it's post LMP, does that mean the time starts from ovulation? thanks!

SaraD - January 19

Mary-Your welcome.I am not sure if it is from O or from implatation.It didn't say on the paper. I would think it would be from implantation. I hope your appt today goes good!! Be safe on your trip and let me know when you get the results.Are you getting any symptoms yet? Are you still spotting? I'm sure everything will work out great for you.Keep me posted and take care!!!!

Mary - January 20

Hi, thanks SaraD. I am still spotting, but my numbers did go up from 64 to 112, so not quite double, but close enough the nurse said. I don't go in till next Thursday, which seems like forever away. My flight was good although I felt a bit uncomfortable and got worried about the whole flying and air pressure thing-hope its ok on the fetus. I love Arizona!! Holy cow it's nice here!! :) No symptoms, except my nails are rock hard! Sara, are you still experiencing strong symptoms? I feel weird that I'm not, but have no clue how far along I am. What were your levels like? Do you get an u/s soon?? Let me know what's new with you! Hope everyone is doing well, talk to you later

SaraD - January 21

Mary-YEEEAAHHH! Iam so happy to hear your levels are just about doubling!that is great news!! Where in AZ did you go?I live in AZ. I think flying is ok-my sister flew when she was pg.My symptoms come and go.One day I'll feel horrible and the next I'll feel great. I am just starting to have streching pains and my outter thighs ache when I lay on them for awhile. I am really bloated! I already had to buy new underwear and pants! It's crazy. I haven't had my blood levels checked yet.My Dr said that since I had 2 pos hpt's and I already saw her she didn't need to do blood work to confirm it she just scheduled my 1st OB appt. I know this sound scarzy but I have been taking hpts off and on since I got my 1st BFP and the line just keeps gettting darker.It is as dark as the control line and shows up immediately any time of the day.I just want to make sure my levels aren't dropping. I have an u/s scheduled the 30th of this month and they'll check my levels then . I will be a nervous wreck until I go and get the results.I'm sure you will be too!! Take care and keep in touch.Have a safe trip!

Mary - January 21

I'm in Mesa, AZ. I just got done laying out for 1/2 an hour, that was nice to get some sun even though it's not that hot. I don't have any symptoms yet, still just the brown spotting. SaraD, how far along are you now? I was looking through and I figured you were 6 weeks? I am slightly concerned that I don't have symptoms, but I took another hpt this morning and it was + (I'm like you and will take them every so often just to be sure!) Going to watch a movie now...relaxing vacation!! :)

SaraD - January 22

Mary- I live about an hour away from Mesa.How funny! You are crazy girl!! Laying out here-it's cold!!! I was wearing a jacket today. Anyways,not everyone gets symptoms especially right away. I am 5w and 1 day. It seems like it is going SO slow!! that's funny that I am not the only one that's tests off and on.But dosen't it make you feel alot better seeing that beautiful BFP!! It sure does me. So do you have an u/s on Thursday? I have mine next Monday(30th). You need to give me hope and get some good news on Thursday!take care and keep in touch!

Mary - January 23

I think this Thursday is just the beta again and if that level is high enough, then they will schedule the u/s to see/hear the heartbeat and that something is there. I'm so nervous and excited!!! I actually got a little red on my face from laying out!! I wasn't in a suit or anything, just jeans and a t-shirt. Still such a great change from the weather in Wisconsin (although it's been in the 30 and 40's for a long time!) Can't wait to tell you what my numbers on Thursday are and hear about your u/s Sara!

SaraD - January 23

Mary-well I have a Drs appt today.I started having brown spotting yesterday with a little cramping and my Dr said for me to be on bed rest until I see her today.For me,that is how my last m/c started.So I have been a nervous wreck because nobody has checked my hcg levels since I 've been pg. I took another test yesterday and it should up pos before the control line even showed up so I am hoping it is just old blood from implant or something.Did they tell you what was causing it for you? My appt is at 3:50 so I'll let ya know what I find out.Please keep your fingers crossed for me.Both of us have come way too far for any bad news!!!Take care girl!

Mary - January 23

Sara, I know how worrying that bleeding is. A nurse at my RE's office told me that brown bleeding can actually be a good sign that the placenta is "digging in" even more. If the blood fills up a pantiliner, then that's not good. Clumps aren't good either (tissue-like). They said not to wear a tampon or have intercourse cuz that can cause the blood vessels to break and hence result in blood. I'll be hoping the best for you and let us know how your appointment goes!!! Are you able to take the bed rest? Good luck

SaraD - January 24

mary-Thanks for the info.I went to the Drs today and she did a pelvic exam and said verything looked good.She didn't see anymore old blood or new blood.She said my cervic was closed and as soft as can be.But she said my uterus was really enlarged.She seems to think that I am 8-9 weeks according to the size of my uterus but I can't be that far along.I ahd an AF Dec 17th.I asked her if it could be caused by being pg with twins and she said more than likely not but it is a possibility. I will find out on Friday when I have a u/s.She is having a beta quant,thyroid and progesterone tests tomorrow and she is giving me a prescription for progesterone too. So hopefully everything will be ok for the both of us! Good luck on your appt Thursday!!! Isn't it crazy how nervous and anxious a Drs appt make you? Thanks for the support and keep me updated and I'll do the same.Take care!!!

Mary - January 25

Well, Monday night I had a miscarriage. Don't know why at all. Went to the get my beta drawn on Tuesday morning and my numbers were down to 34. This sucks so bad and I don't know what hormone I'm lacking or what the problem is that is causing me not to hold on to a pregnancy. My dr. is out of town so I didn't even get to see a dr. Why can't I hold a pregnancy????? Sara, I am really happy that you are doing well! How come your dr. checked your thyroid? I didn't have that done or a progesterone. I've heard of the progesterone suppositories, is that what she prescribed? Does that help hold a pregnancy? ahh...I'm so sad and mad!!!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?