HELP
204 Replies
Karen - May 5

Hi Carrie and Amy,
Its been great reading ur msgs, u lot sure make sense, i am supposed to be due on my period 2mrw i have been having bad cramps and pains all day. So scared of waking up 2mrw and realsing that i have come on i just want to b preg so badly.
Can you still be pregnant if you have a very light period.
Amy im so happy that you have a son, i bet he get all the attention and is being spoilt, so he should,
Both of you are on about mothers day, just wanted to know where do both of you live. I live in the UK. Pls pray for me that i dnt come on my period.
I guess i will ahve to wait till wed as my period could come late, but i am always due after 28days. Just have to keep hoping.
Anyway Ladies im off to bed and i will be online 2mrw, hope we all have gud news for each other. Fingers crossed

Amy - May 6

Hey karen. Yes, i do have one son. I am sorry that i did not mention it before. i thought i did. i am sorry. i have my fingers crossed for you karen. for you also carrie. for me too...lol. my husband bought me another pg test this evening. i am gonna take one first thing tomorrow morning. one thing i notice is that my nipples are really sensitve. i mean, really. and today, i felt more sick to my stomach. i am ok right now though. so far anyhow. anyhow, i guess i will go for now. not sure how long i will be on here before i go to bed. it is almost 9:30 pm now. by the way, i live in Arkansas. take care you two. (((hugs)))

Amy - May 6

Hey. Karen or Carrie? Anyone on yet? it is like 4:30 am here. my hubby woke me up this morning before he left for work. can't get back to sleep.

Carrie - May 6

Hi guys - hope your morning is going ok. My temp was still up today which is a good sign. However, I'm not getting too excited because according to my chart, I ovulated a little later than I was supposed to so I may start a little later. I'm just continuing to have faith. I found out last night that my brother's wife is having triplets! She wasn't on any kind of fertility drugs either! I told the Lord that I was happy for them but I told Him "I'm just asking for ONE - can't I even just have one if you can give them three?" Does that make sense? I think hubby felt sorry for me when I found out. I am excited for them though - they live right down the road from me so I'll be able to spend a lot of time with the babies - she is due in Dec. I live in Ohio by the way. I think it's so neat to be talking to someone from a different country Karen! If you have a lighter period than usual, it could be possible to still be pregnant. Some people still have periods throughout their pregnancy but they may be lighter and have different characteristics than their normal period. I hope we all get good news this weekend. I'm praying for you this morning. Amy let me know how your test turns out.

Karen - May 6

Hi Carrie,
I know how u feel about ur Sister in law. I have a friend at work who is 5mths pregnant she didnt even know until i said i am sure you have missed your period and so was certain she wasn't and when she found out she was so happy. Im happy for her but what about me. I have to sit nxt to her everday and she always tells me what a lovely feeling it is to be preg.
I also pray to God ans ask him to bless me with even one child that would make me so happy. So u are not the only one who should feel alone.
I havent started my period yet but the day aint over yet. If i dont come on today then i might 2mrw have to wait and wait and keep praying that is all i can do.
Amy your a early bird did you take the preg test this morning then. Whats the result

Amy - May 6

Hey guys. yeah, i took the test about a quarter til 5 this morning. the result was negative. i just do not know though. maybe it was still too early? i am not sure. i am still feeling sick today. boobs and nipples still sensative and sore. and also still not a sign of bleending. i have had some discharge though. its like clear white. is that mean anything? i still have one pregnancy test so maybe i just need to wait a little longer? what do you two think? i may call the doc today. the one that was my doc when i was pregnant with my son. the one who delivered my son. i think i can talk to him and not feel stupid like i would with another doc. i just thought about him yesterday late last night. i looked up his #. i could atleast talk to one of his nurses and let them know the date of possible conception and see what they think. i will let you two know what they have to say. i am glad that i have you guys to turn to. thank you so much for listening, helping and caring. it really means a lot to me. :)

Carrie - May 6

Hey Amy - sorry it was a negative. It honestly could still be too early. I think its a great idea to call your doctor and see what he says. They may have you come in for a blood test which should be more accurate. I mean if you are feeling those symptoms then that has got to mean something but I'm not sure what??? Let us know what the doc's office says. Hang in there girl!

Amy - May 6

Yeah. i think i will call about 9 or 9:30. the only thing is, if they wanted to see me is they are like 2 hours away from me. how much does a blood test cost? would you have to pay anything up front? could it be billed? would a blood test show this early even if a hpt showed negative ?

Carrie - May 6

I'm not sure how much a blood test cost or if it could be billed - depends on the doctor. Blood tests have been known to show positive when the hpts have shown negative - simply because the blood contains more of the hormone than the urine does. But I've still read and heard about ladies getting negative blood tests when it is too soon. They may have you wait though - they may tell you to wait another week or something to see if you start. Isn't there a doctor around you that you could start seeing or are you just not comfortable seeing someone new? I know the waiting is killing you - I know the feeling. Its like the days just drag on and on and you just want to know the answer for sure. This is such an absolutely frustrating experience.

Amy - May 6

i just dont have the money right now to get a doctor. i do not have insurence. they ask so much up front these days just for a visit. i dont have that kind of money yet. i should star my job soon though. not sure how soon though. can a health clinic do the blood tests?

Carrie - May 6

I'm not sure if a health clinic can do the blood tests or not. But hey if you are getting insurance with your new job, you may want to wait to go to a doctor. Some insurances may refuse to cover the pregnancy by saying it was a pre-existing condition. But if you aren't diagnosed by a doctor yet as pregnant and you wait until after the insurance sets in to get diagnosed, then you should be alright. Of course the laws may have changed, they may be required to cover it now.

Amy - May 6

i believe the guy who interveiwed me said that i had to be there like 3 months or so before i get insurence. i guess i could ask dr. davis. he is the doc i was talking bout earlier.

Carrie - May 6

Yeah I would ask the doctor cuz you sure can't wait for 3 months to go to the doctor if you are pregnant! :)

Amy - May 6

i am about to call as a matter of fact. i will probably only get to talk to one of his nurses, but still i trust them too. i am feeling sick to my stomach right now though. i ate something for breakfast about 5 this morning, maybe a lil after. i am feeling hungry now, but sick also. which, makes me afraid to eat something. can i ask you something else? it is kinda personal. i noticed yesterday that my nipples at the tip of them were kind of a whitish color. what does that mean? do you think that when i call i need to mention that? but like i said, i just noticed that yesterday. later in the evening that is.

Carrie - May 6

I would definitely mention to your doctor/nurse about your nipples. Tell them every symptom that you feel, ok? Even if you don't think it is relevant. It's weird but I had noticed a little whiteness on my nipple last night. It doesn't seem to be there this morning. I wonder if that is a sign? Let me know what they say! Good luck!

Amy - May 6

i checked my nipples walla go and there is still a little whitish color there. not as much as last night but a little. i tried calling walla go and the nurses are busy with patients. they told me that i could call back in like an hour. i will let you know something as soon as i know something ok? thank you. good luck to you also:)

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?