Clomid success story - it does work!
2151 Replies
Lucky44 - March 22

I know and because I have nobody to talk to (until I found this forum) I feel like I'm not really being looked after and so confide as to what to expect. They never go into many details when they give me the results and I am certainly never shown any levels :(

1st round - started 30th jan so started tablets (2-5) on 31st Jan andI had 1 mature folliclat measuring 16 and she said my womb was thickening nicely. 28 day cycle

2nd round started AF 26th Feb so started tablets (2-5) on 27th jan. Went for a scan on 7th Feb and had one possible follicle at 12 (not mature) but they thought that either they scanned too early or I won't ovulate this month.

This is why I'm so confused as to why they are keeping me on the low dose. They originally prescribed me clomid as DH has low sperm count and so I needed to produce more targets but since then I've found out from a different nurse that they weren't sure if I was actually ovulating as a blood test revealed I didn't ovulate when they were testing us both.

It's so difficult as you are literally in the hands of someone else. Do you think I should call up another clinic for advice, call my fertility nurse again or just go with her advice? This will be my 3rd final round now.

Babyfever Good luck for today x

Lucky44 - March 22

Oops sorry 27th Feb (not 27th jan) 2nd round.

katie267 - March 22

Has anyone else had this problem? Since Tuesday morning, every single OPK I have taken are positive! I figured it would taper off by like Wednesday, but still positive today. I mean like, super dark/as dark as the control line positive. I am so confused. Did I or didn't I ovulate?! Ughhh. I've had super sore breasts and cramps for the past few days too.

BabyFever12 - March 22

Lucky - It may be that they're telling you to take your Clomid too early. The earliest I've seen is CD3-7 & from what the doctor told me, taking it those days helps to produce more follies, but maybe not as many mature ones, whereas taking it CD5-9 helps produce quality eggs (quantity vs quality). It sounds like they're doing your tests and scans at the right time, so maybe that's the problem? I would definitely demand to know what my actual levels are for each test. If they don't want to give you those, then I would seek another opinion. You're paying for those tests whether its out of pocket or through insurance, so you have a right to know the results. It's ok to be demanding whenever it comes to your healthcare. Keep us posted.

Katie - Did you do an HCG trigger shot? That can cause you to get a positive every time on an OPK up to 13-14 days past trigger. If not, I'm not sure why you would still be getting positives? What CD are you on?

Update on me: I went in for another u/s this morning and my lining looks much better (4.2mm). It must have been a clot that they saw on Wednesday's u/s bc I was all clear today! So, I've got the go ahead to start my Clomid today. Woooohoo. On to round #2!!!

Jinni - March 23

babyfever21 Thats grt that ur lining shed naturally and now u can start with clomid....

My doc gave me the green signal to start medicine which help me in inducing the periods and then i can go for clomid ..nothing much but i really scared ...I will leave it to god ...I asked my doc to do my scan to find the mature follicle but she said there is no need as u got pregnant last time without any sort of scan ...so again i hav to play the blind game...

Ladies whor taking clomid u will really feel strange symptons such as backaches, breast soreness, hot flashesand many more...but every pain cause for good purpose u need not to stress and just relax with all these symptons...

Baby dust to all ...

katie267 - March 23

No I didn't do a trigger shot. Although today it is back down to negative, thankfully. It was just so strange to have such a strong positive 5 days in a row. I am not sure which one of those days I ovulated haha. Or if I did. My breasts are still SUPER sore, but I am attributing that to the Clomid. My Obgyn is having me come in for blood tests every other day for a week to monitor my progesterone levels. I am on CD 23, but based on my ovulation date, I will probably have a 34-35 day cycle this month.

Jinni- thats wonderful! I hope you get pregnant soon :)

Lucky44 - March 24

Yay babyfever that's wonderful news!! Lucky round 2 for you.
I'm having a second blood test tomorrow but I can already feel AF coming on. So, lucky round 3 for me:)
I am getting a bit fed up with my clinic so I am going to see out this last 3rd round and request to change clinics.

Good luck everyone :) x

tai07 - March 24

Has anyone tried natural progesterone cream? And if so what your story?

crmr2008 - March 25

Hi Ladies,

I am having a bad day. I tested yesterday to see if I was pregnant and I it was BFN! It has been 6 weeks since my last period. This is my first round of clomid 50mg. I am assuming it did not work. :( I really thought I was pregnant. I have been having cramping around my ovaries and uterus for the last two weeks and I just haven't felt good. Why would I have the side effects of clomid if wasn't working? Oh well, I guess I will start round two. Pray for me!

kittymom - March 25

Hi crmr2008: I'm so sorry you got a BFN. Maybe it was wrong though? For example, I took a test on 2/25 and got a BFP, but then took one again 3 days later and it was BFN, even though I was preg (doc confirmed through blood test). So those tests aren't always accurate. I ended up losing the pregnancy, doc doesn't know if it was ectopic or not because it never showed up on the u/s, but my HCG kept getting higher so I was def preg. So maybe you should get a blood test at the doc's office to be sure?

Unfortunately my doc said I can't take Clomid this cycle, because even though I got AF last week, I still have some HCG in me from the pregnancy so I'll have to try naturally this month. So frustrating...I'm so impatient and just wish I could start with the drugs and IUI again, but now have a long wait ahead of me.

Good luck! I'm praying that we all get some good news soon!

Brandy78 - March 25

crmr2008,
I am so sorry about this month. I have been there and I know exactly how you feel. Do not give up. It took me 6 rounds of clomid, 6 trigger shots, and 2 IUI's. I am not 17 weeks pregnant with TWiNS!!! I had 2 m/c years agao and I think that God has given me those 2 little babies I lost now. Hang in there. Big hugs and baby dust to all the ladies on here. You all have helped me through this whole process. (I started on 50 mg the first 2 months and and then I went to 100 mg).

katie267 - March 26

CRMR sorry to hear about that :(, it has to be so confusing and heartbreaking. I am on my 2WW right now and going crazy.

I am trying to figure out what day I actually ovulated. I had a positive ovulation on March 17th, negative March 18th, then back to positive from March 19th-March 22nd with really sore boobs. Maybe somewhere in the middle? Like March 20th or 21st? So confused! I don't know which DPO I am on :/

Jinni - March 26

CRMR..sorry to hear that i know how difficult it is..but never mind be positive and start ur 2nd round u will surely get the success...

Ladies with all our talks one thing is confirmed that all these symptons such as breast sore, backache, hot flashes, cramping is due to the Clomid...but exceptional r always there ...After clomid our expectation rise to get pregnant and when it does not work then we feel cheated...

Katie267 Do not take stress if its has to happen then no one can stop it just hav faith...

For me today was my last dose of medicine to induce period now I hav to wait for AF to arrive and then I will hav to go again with clomid journey.

baby dust to all ...

hoping-for#5 - March 27

hi ladies I havent been here in a long time but let me give u hope!!!

it did happen for me i found out the im 3weeks pg after 10 month of ttc when i give up thats when it happen i was under so much stress trying to get pg. all i did was thinking over the same thing and nothing happen. i went on vacation on feb i got so relax i was thinking u know what ima let it be if i get pg good and if not well i couldnt handle all that stress. and now im so happy it happen now im hoping for a healthy baby . i didnt took clomid since november and it happen naturally without tracking my ovulation or nothing i was actually expecting my period cuz i was having really bad cramps.

so dont lose hope it will happen for you ladies too!!!

Lucky44 - March 28

Thanks hoping-for#5 that's really encouraging!!

I got my blood test results from day 28 which confirms I didn't ovulate and now they've changed their mind and are increasing my dosage to 100- I'm so relieved as 50 really wasn't working for me.

Hope everyone's ok and babyfever let's hope this round is going to be 'the magical round' everything crossed for us all :) x

crmr2008 - March 28

Hi ladies,

I am currently taking Provera to induce my period. I was on 50mg of clomid last month, but I did not ovulate. They are bumping me up to 100mg. Has anyone been on 50mg and it did not work, but had success with 100mg? Looking for some hope!

Thanks!

Prayers to all!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?