Clomid success story - it does work!
2151 Replies
crmr2008 - March 28

Hi ladies,

I am currently taking Provera to induce my period. I was on 50mg of clomid last month, but I did not ovulate. They are bumping me up to 100mg. Has anyone been on 50mg and it did not work, but had success with 100mg? Looking for some hope!

Thanks!

Prayers to all!

Onie - March 29

Hi To Everyone
I am new here...i am on day 3 of my first cycle of clomid 100mg day 5-9. I am actually just doing the clomid challenge test, but the doctor will see if i can get pregnant this month. I have done my day 3 blood work and all my levels were normal. Hopefully this is my month :)

katie267 - March 29

Well I got the call from my doctor that confirmed I DID ovulate on clomid this cycle and my progesterone looks good (which makes sense because my breasts have been SO SORE for the past 2 weeks). It was at 11.1 on Wednesday, and she said it looks like I ovulated one week before then, which I think puts me at the 18th, 19th or 20th for ovulation, not sure which. I guess now I wait to see if I am pregnant. I wonder how much longer I will have to wait to test.

The problem is STAYING pregnant for me. I have recurrent unexplained chemical miscarriages, so if I am PG I wont hold my breath. Hopefully my doctor will monitor to make sure it doesn't happen.

Onie - March 29

Hi Katie..that is good news...how was the dr able to tell u what day you ovulated?

katie267 - March 29

Onie I am not sure but I think it has to do with the progesterone level and my CD13 ultrasound scan of my follicle. She expected me to ovulate a few days after that. My progesterone must have confirmed that. Hm.

Onie - March 30

I have my scan next week wednesday on CD12...what CD are you on now...because when i was pregnant last year i tested the day before my af was due and it was positive

katie267 - March 30

Onie: I am on CD 29, but I believe I have another week or so until AF is due...not sure because I don't know the exact day I ovulated.

willmakeit - April 1

Hello Everyone,
I have spent month reading forums to find my answers. I finally decided to post my details below. Anyone one in similar boat and success story - pls. help.
We have been TTC for almost a year now. 5 months back we consulted a OB/GYN. I was examined and I know from Age 17 that I have PCOS. I am 29 Years old now. I was checked for insulin resistance which came out as true and was put on 1500 mg of metformin. I have done my HCG and all is clear. Last month had follicular study so my cycles seem to annovulatory so was advised to go on Clomid from cd - c6. I just completed by dosage on 28/03. I am on cd 9 today. I usually have 40 day + cycles - when should I ovulate with influence of clomid?

For my husband - his sperm count was first tested at 13 million/ml. He was given vitamins and some testocaps. 3 months later this has increased to 19 million. But the motility has reduced from 50% to 30%. So he has a slight change in his meds.
I personally do not want to go the IVF/IUI route - I need to hear that it can happen for us naturally - plsssssss help :(

katie267 - April 1

Willmakeit- I think the clomid will really help you out. It made me ovulate. Also, I would start testing OPK's at 12-13 days into your cycle just in case. I started at 12 days just in case it made me ovulate early but I didn't end up ovulating until day 18. Funny because I had a POS on day 17, Neg on day 18, then POS on days 19-21 when in reality I ovulated before that on day 18. It was so strange. Next time I will NOT use the line OPK's, I'll use the foolproof smiley face ones. The line ones are too confusing.

Well, woke up and AF showed up this morning, in full force :/. Definitely having a heavy cycle this month. I am really disappointed about this, as we BD'd the day before and after ovulation. I guess there's always next month...and another round of clomid...

Onie - April 1

Sorry to hear about AF Katie...have you ever used the trigger shots...it suppose to make u ovulate within 3 days after.

katie267 - April 1

No never heard of them Onie. What a cruel April fools joke AF played on me today :(, I am in so much pain from cramps I just want to lay down and sleep all day. I am really disappointed today, I feel like my body is betraying me.

Jinni - April 1

Katie267 sorry to hear about af but this is not in any ones hand...so have believe in God and move forward..The symotons which we think of pregnancy is not such that ...all thanks to CLOMId which make us feel pregnant...

I pray u that this month will be urs...

Jinni - April 1

after 6 weeks miscarriage my AF does not return so my doc gave me medicine to induce periods and after having that AF showed its face now the process start again whole roller coaster ride...
Again all those symptons,test,wait,uffffffffffff that really kills me ..
But have no option so Just do it and watch...

Baby dust to all

Onie - April 2

Hi Jinni...my AF took 7 weeks to return after my mc last year. I hope that all will go well now...keep me up to date :)

Well, I did my CD10 blood work yesterday and my FSH was 7.3 - the doctor said this is very good. My CD12 scan is tomorrow...hoping to see some big follies tomorrow :)

crmr2008 - April 10

Hi ladies,

I hope you are all having a good week. Anyone have any updates? I started my second round of clomid 100mg a few days ago. I just pill day 4. Has anyone noticed their face breaking out more when taking clomid? Also, I have been getting hot flashes at night. Weird?! I have my good and bad days. Yesterday was a bad day for me. I felt like I was surrounded by pregnant women. lol Hope everyone is doing well. Prayers to everyone!

ami005 - April 12

Hi ladies! I am new to this site and looking for some support and encouragement. :) My husband and I have been ttc for 2 1/2 years with no success. Our dr started me on provera 3 days ago and I will take 50mg of clomid day 5-9. I am wondering if anyone has any helpful hints - things I should or shouldn't do. :)

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?