Clomid success story - it does work!
2151 Replies
Prayerful4lilones - January 11

Crmr2008,
I'm on cycle 2, fortunately I have not had many bad side effects if any at all. I might be a little more emotional but not nothing crazy. My advice is its worth trying, I mean do your research and maybe weigh out the pros n cons. Good luck, wishing lots of baby dust your way!

crmr2008 - January 11

prayerful4lilones:

Thanks for the information! I will be praying that it happens for you soon as well. The waiting is the hardest part. The months seem to go by so slow. I have a friend that took Clomid and on the second month is when she conceived. I am praying month two will be your month! It is nice to have support and to realize you are not the only one having problems getting pregnant. Baby dust your way!!

crmr2008 - January 11

Hi Micah,

I have read some of your posts from the past when you were trying to get pregnant. Do you mind me asking how many cycles of Clomid you took before conceiving?

Jinni - January 11

Prayerful4lilones

U r lucky that u dont have any side effects...I am having so much pain in lower abdominal left side right side, feeling exhausted, tiring, nausea...I am really fed up in one cycle of clomid...I know its important for me so I hav to bear it..

SnowAngels - January 11

I'm on my 3rd round of Clomid and the big O is supposed to happen this Sunday. Hoping for 3rd-times-a-charm! My RE said if no pregnancy this month I'll start injections next. I don't know how I feel about that. We've only been on fertility meds for 3 months and I'm already so mentally/emotionally exhausted and considering taking a break.

Jinni - January 11

crmr2008

I can understand ur situation as we both r travelling in the same boat...My sister in law date of period and mine was same she got pregnant and skipped her period...I was not pregnant then also skipped the periods...I cried a lot but I was happy for her..But u cant do anything ..Just take medicine and pray to God...I have completed my first round of clomid....My doc has given Metformin as I am having PCOs...feeling very sick ...But every body reacts in different manner ..I just wisheverything goes well with everyone...

Jinni - January 11

SnowAngels

All the best...I know this is very difficult but dont take tension as it decreases the fertility...make urself free from any sort of worries..

SnowAngels - January 11

Jinni

Thank you for your kind words and support. It truly means a lot[3

crmr2008 - January 11

Jinni:

I will be praying for you! I have not started the Clomid yet,so I can't relate with how you are feeling just yet. I start taking it in February. I know that Provera makes me cranky and moody, so I am sure the Clomid will have some side effects as well, but if it helps me conceive, then it will be worth it. I think one thing that I am most fearful of is Clomid not working. I have been trying naturally for 6 months, and have felt very discouraged. I have not had a period on my own in 6 months. I have always had to take Provera to have AF. My husband wanted to try 6 months before starting Clomid. I wanted to start it as soon as I found out I had PCOS, but I respect my husband, so we decided to try naturally for 6 months, well 6 months is up. I tried getting in this month, but my doctor was full. My apt is scheduled for Feb 7th. I am going to time my period when I start a day or two after my apt so I can get things going. The waiting is what kills me... I am sure you can relate. :) I have put a lot of hope in Clomid, I just don't want to be let down. Hang in there. I am sure you will get a BFP any day now :)

crmr2008 - January 11

Well we will hope with you that 3rd time is a charm. :) I feel like three months is not very long. I keep reading on here that they hear that if it does not work in 3 months, it probably won't work at all. However, I hear of people who get pregnant on their 5th or 6th cycle. Have you had you DH checked yet? My DH has not been checked yet, I feel like it is a little too early in the process for us. I keep going back and forth about it... I am praying for you! Baby dust your way!

crmr2008 - January 11

SnowAngels:

One more thing :) This may be a really silly question. Are you supposed to have intercourse the day of ovulating or a day or two before? What has your doctor told you?

SnowAngels - January 11

crmr2008

Thank you! You definitely seem like you are in the right state of mind. Good luck! I liked Clomid actually. We would continue it but my RE said the drug is making my uterine lining too thin…so her alternative is injections for next time. DH hasn't gotten tested yet, but if no BFP he will next month. Also your husband sounds like mine but on a similar subject. He was okay with Clomid, but he didn't like IUI. So we haven't tried IUI yet. I think he likes the idea of "him" impregnating me instead of the Doctor with a syringe…jeez, men! I get an Ovitrelle injection to make ovulation happen. The doctor tells us to BD on the morning of injection day, and then 36 hours after the injection.

I'm a firm believer that God has a specific plan for all of us. It's just hard to keep patiences sometimes when dealing pcos, doubt, and time…but keep praying and holding on! Good things come to those who wait ;-)

Hope you all have a lovely and fertile weekend!

crmr2008 - January 11

SnowAgnel:

Thanks for the encouragement. I pray that this month will be your month! Since you have been taking clomid a few months now, what day have you been ovulating on or does it vary?

NikiG, wow I'm glad to hear she is your EX- best friend! I don't believe people should get child support unless you were married to that person. Maybe that would force women to be more careful and protective about who they lay with! And I say women because its our bodies, we are the ones that have the babies and if ppl like your EX-best friend knew unless that man cared enough to marry her, she wouldnt be able to force the law to enforce child support, she would use protection and be more selective.....maybe! It burns me up too, aborting Gods precious gift because you so trifling and irresponsible ugh! Sorry just went on a tangent for a minute :)

SnowAngels - January 11

crmr2008

It all depends on what my follicles look like and what day I get the Ovitrelle shot. I usually go into the doctor for a follicle check on CD9-CD12. If there are to cysts, and large enough follicles then the doctor makes a plan for when to do the Ovitrelle shot. The 1st month I received the shot on the CD15 and ovulated on CD17. The 2nd month received the shot on CD14 and O'ed on CD16. However this month I had the Ovitrelle shot today (CD11), and will ovulate Sunday morning (CD13). There are two hopeful follicles on my left side. The doctor also said I have about 50 small eggs in the right ovary, due to pcos. Gosh that makes my stomach cringe for some reason!
You must keep me updated on how your Feb 7th appt goes.

Snowangels,
How does your Dr. Know how many eggs were in there? And good luck this month!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?