depo shot
54 Replies
jo - March 14

I was on depo for 2 1/2 years... my last shot was January 30th of '05. Within 2 months of being off of it, I started my regular cycles. And 10 months following going off it, I found out that I am 7 weeks pregnant. I'm praying that all goes well and that I make it through to week 16 and beyond... So keep your heads up girls. My depo experience wasn't as bad as some, in fact save for a bit of weight it was great. Good luck with all your baby hopes and dreams!

jen - March 17

i was on the shot for 7 years. took me 3 years to get pregnant after i stopped. i really feel like it screws up your body cuz it stopped me from ovulating and having periods. that's what our bodies are supposed to do.

JUne - March 17

How do you knwo your not ovulating? and what do you mean "i had my period every day that year"? you mean you had your period for 365 days? Your question is puzzling and assumptive.

Amber.Whitehead - June 13

I'm 21 years old, I took one dose of the Depo which was to last a total of 3 months. I asked what were all the risks and side effects and all they told me was possible weight gain, mild spotting and no period. My husband and I have just had our baby girl and didn't want to get pregnant until she reached the age of 5. Anywho, so I got the depo and never got it renewed because my husband got out of the Army so we didn't have insurance to cover it's cost. Well about two weeks after being off I had a period that lasted about 4 days then about 3 weeks later another that lasted 8 days. The next month had no period at all so I took a home pregnancy test and it poped posative, But to confirm the results I took another one and again it was posative, well it's been about two months now...not a single sign of pregnancy and severe pain, off and on bleeding crap like that. And when I say severe pain I mean sometimes it feels like my uterus is going to just fall out of my body, and it's extreamly painful during sex. Well my husband and I thinking we are pregnant this whole time been haveing sex like jack rabits right?....well I took a pregnancy test last night to see if it would pop posative again because to be honest I didn't ever think I was and what would you know the damn thing was negative. What the hell is going on.........and now I'm hearing about peeps not being able to get pregnant after being on the depo....and knowing the fact that my husband and I have been haveing unprotected sex a lot and I'm not pregnant......Hmmmmmm recomendations DO NOT GET ON THE DEPO!!! Hell they NEVER once told me of a possible chance of infertility or the bone density thing.....WTF I'm going to sue lol

sperm - July 17

i just had my daughter 2-13-07, i got on the shot in the begining of may, ive been spotting ever since, i have unprotected sex all the time and i think i may be pregnant is it possible even though ive been bleeding/spotting since giving birth and since being on the shot??

baby_cakes - July 17

i took depo shot for 4 yrs then stopped them in dec.o4 it took me a year to get pregnant and then i miscarried. i didnt get pregnant again until almost another year later and had a miscarriage again. and still havent got pregnant. the shot really messes up your body

JamiNicole - January 30

I was on the Depo shot in 2005 even though I only did the shot once, because I had a allergic reaction. I have been trying to get pregnant for 10 mths now an I still cant. My periods come an go. There never the same. So the depo shot is the worse thing you can be on....

EASYSTEPS21 - January 31

I was on depo for 5 years. My last shot was Aug204. It is now the beginning of 2008 and i have yet to get pregnant. I really want a baby. However, my periods have been normal. I read some place that it can take up to 31 months for Depo to get out of your system and that detoxing your body can help cleanse it of the chemicals. So I am going to try some detox pills and drink a lot of water. It's been past 31 months for me and I have yet to get pregnant. So, hopefuly the detoxing works and I get pregnant this year. STAY AWAY FROM DEPO!!

EASYSTEPS21 - January 31

Answer: I was on depo for 5 years. My last shot was Aug2004. It is now the beginning of 2008 and i have yet to get pregnant. I really want a baby. However, my periods have been normal. I read some place that it can take up to 31 months for Depo to get out of your system and that detoxing your body can help cleanse it of the chemicals. So I am going to try some detox pills and drink a lot of water. It's been past 31 months for me and I have yet to get pregnant. So, hopefuly the detoxing works and I get pregnant this year. STAY AWAY FROM DEPO!!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?