Is this normal???
1 Replies
pabrowni - August 18

where do i begin. i had an annual check up a month ago and told the GYN that i went off BC 6 months earlier and haven't had normal periods. he said i wasn't ovulating so wrote up 50 mg of clomid 5-9 cd. i had no tests done, no u/s, no b/w. just took provera and then clomid and told me to come back in cd 21 for progestrone test. Got the results today... 0.8:( so sad. I asked what to do next, wait for my af to restart? they said just to take 100 mg of clomid tomorrow (cd 24) and start over again. Still no u/s... don't have a clue about follicles and how they look. extremely moody on 50 mg so I can only imagine 100 mg! Is it normally to start clomid before having all these tests done that everyone is talking about? is it normal to take clomid twice before getting af, in one cycle? i get so flustered when i am there that i cant come up with questions and now i am so lost. brand new at this whole TTC thing... thanks for your help...

chorona - August 27

Hi pabrowni,

First off, I would demand that the proper b/w and u/s be done. How can the dr give you medication if he doesn't even know what's going on? Do yu go to your OBGYN or a fertility clinic. Ask for a referral to a clinic.

Sounds like you may have PCOS and don't ovulate on your own. I have that and took a while to get a period when I got off the pill.
Also, I have never heard of taking clomid twice in the same cycle.

You should go to the threads under Problems getting pregnant. There are so many topics that I think you will get a lot of answers for.

Best of luck!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?