Clomid and Ovulation
10 Replies
sheryl - May 16

Did anyone ovulate earlier than day 14 while on Clomid? I had all the symptoms the week before an ovulation calculator said I should O on 5/15.

Jessica SM - May 17

Hey Sheryl that happened to me too. Actually I am taking the soy isoflavones which they say is like clomid. I had all the symptoms of O a week before my O date shown on my ovulation calculator. I should be O'ing today or tomorrow according to the calendar but I seem to have gotten the symptoms last week. I took the soy on days 1-5. About 3 or 4 days later I had ewcm and I felt my ovaries for 2 days. I had weird cramps so I assumed that I O'ed early. Then I heard the earlier u take the pills then u might O early but I just thought it was too early. Since then i have not seen any ewcm. If i was too O this week i sure dont see any ewcm and no O pains. I have been using opks but havent detected a lh surge so now im thinking I probably did O last week. My cm is now white and creamy not like it should be when O. Are you using anything to detect O.

sheryl - May 17

I am in the same boat as you. Last week I did use OPK and I did have some faint lines. I think I O'ed last week.

Jessica SM - May 17

Would that make af come sooner since we O'ed early? I pray it doesnt come at all. I didnt use them last week until a day after my O -pains so i dont know if it would have detected. I this week since i thought this was my fertile week and so far only faint lines which they say opks should give you two solid dark lines or the control line darker to know you are goingto O in the next 24 to 36 hours. The way things are going i dont think this will be my month since i am not sure when I O'ed. How long have you been ttc?

sheryl - May 17

It shouldn't make af come earlier. My af went from 30-35 days to 28 days being on Clomid. Told dh that I didn't think this was our month either. I am going to get blood drawn on Friday to see if I actually O'ed. I have been ttc since January 2005. I was on the pill for many years.....

Jessica SM - May 17

Sheryl same here. I started ttc in Jan. 2005 and was also on the pill for years. Dont give up yet though maybe this is your month. I wish I knew if i did or not. Now i have been so bugged about it that I got mad at dh and we havent bd this week so if i do o this week I wouldnt be able to get it. So are you trying for your first?

sheryl - May 17

Yes I am trying for my first. I am 31and dh is 29. Have you seen a Dr yet to find out if you are o'ing? I thought that I was the whole time...turns out that I hadn't. I also had a HSG done and that came back good. What all have you tried besides the soy?

Jessica SM - May 17

I am trying for my first as well. My dh is 26 and im 27. the doctor says I am O'ing and doesnt underastand why I havent conceived. She send me to an infertility Doctor to get more done but they are so expensive and my insurance doesnt cover it thats why i started taking soy. I also tried one month of Fertility blend and stopped. I am using the soy now and EPO. Its so frustratingto go through all this every month with no positive result. when is af for u? I am suppose to get it or should i say not get it on the 29 or 30th of this month.

Jessica SM - May 17

If we o'ed earlier do you think we can test earlier and get a good result?

sheryl - May 17

Insurance doesn't cover anything for us either. I am just lucky Clomid is about 30.00 once a month. I am supposed to start on the 28th or 29th...hopefully not.

sheryl - May 17

I am not sure about testing earler, I always get so down if it is bfn. I think I will wait til around af

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?