depo shot
54 Replies
leonia - August 19

someone asked if you can get pregnant while on depo.yes you can .my cousin who isn't all there mentally,her mom got her on depo and faithfully took her for shots.one night my cousin said her back hurt and my aunt took her to the hospital and became a grandma!!!they had no clue.so yes it can happen on the shot.another fact someone might find interesting is that depo is used for men who are sexual preditors .it's called chemical castrastion.i think that's spelled wrong,lol.but i was shocked to find out i took this for almost 3 years and they give it to men who's sex drive they try to kill?no wonder it's good birth control.sorry such a long post.good luck all ttc.

Kerry - August 21

I was on Depo for 9 months and now been trying to conceive for 2 yrs! Was told 6 months ago I wasnt ovulating but then further blood tests in May found I was ovulating but still no pregnancy! My periods have only resembled some normality this year too...very depressing BUT my neighbour who was on Depo for 3 years came off it and 2 months later she found out she was pregnant!! NO fair!!

8-22-05 - August 22

Yes, When I first started getting the shot the same thing happen to me. Now I don,t have a monthly at all.

Lisa - August 23

Omg its scary to hear all these things about Depo i was really concedering it.... im 16 years old is it going to do me damage in the long run???

natasha - September 2

i was only on the depo for 1 month and i came off it and me and my husband want to have a baby and im not pregnant yet and this has been 8 months. why has this happend?

Sarah - September 8

Well if you get the prescription yourself and read the the insert thing it tells you that there is a very small chance that you can become infertile. I have been on the depo shot for alittle over a year now and i plan to stay on it until we are ready for another child.

Denise - September 8

I was on the shot for at least 6 years went off it and on the pill for 6 months to regulate. Got my period back after 2 months but it was light. We started trying 1 month after I stopped the pill and got pregnant right away. 6 Weeks later I had a miscarraige. We waited a cylce then got pregnant again in Dec. of last year and 6 weeks later again I miscarried. I then had a DNC 6 weeks later finally got a period. Now my cycles are 34-37 days apart and I just learned from my doctor that I am most likely not ovulating! Was it the depo or the miscarriages? Was the depo the coause of my MC's? This has been horrible for the two of us. I hope that the clomid that my doc is going to put me on helps... Anyone have any suiggestions? Anyone have similar things happen? THanks

sara - September 9

ummm well i heard girls don't even have periods but i just got on my shot like a month ago and i just got my first period since i been on the shot i hope i don't bleed everyday i will be so mad i won't even take it no more but yea if i was u i would just get off of it

gretchen - September 16

i was on the depo shot 6 years. ihave a 9 yr old child my husband and Ibeen trying the last 2 1/2 years too have another baby with no luck.but,since i've been off of it my periods are only 2 _4 days with hardly any bleeding.sometimes a skip every other month not having a period.my DR.thinks it's my weight factor ,but i think shot ruined all my chances of having another baby.so girlfriends out there if your think of going on it i wish the very best i know this much i kick myself over and over going on it

aubree Lewis - September 22

how long does it take for the depo shot to kick in?

M'Rita - September 22

Yes, depo is a horrible thing. I agree with all those who think it should be banned. I had just one shot and it took me one whole year to get my periods.
I've heard that some of us bleed throughout...something that can make u bleed fro 3 months or make ur periods top for a year must be very very bad. Good Luck to all of you girls TTC! ~~~Baby Dust~~~

collen - September 22

no

tiffany - September 26

is it possible to get pregnant while ever being on the shot?
can it happen ?

Angel - March 7

I'm on the depo shot and for the last 3-4 days I've been experiencing pregnancy signs, but if I take a hpt I'm afraid it will not be correct. How do you really know if your pregnant?

Dark_Pink - March 7

I started depo @ age 16. Took it till I was 18. Had no pregnancies while on it and have only had miscarriages since stopping use... I hated that stuff... I am scared of what it's long term affects will be. I wish that there were a class action suit for it's long term damage. I think many women were mislead in the uses and side effects of this drug...

jo - March 14

I was on depo for 2 1/2 years... my last shot was January 30th of '05. Within 2 months of being off of it, I started my regular cycles. And 10 months following going off it, I found out that I am 7 weeks pregnant. I'm praying that all goes well and that I make it through to week 16 and beyond... So keep your heads up girls. My depo experience wasn't as bad as some, in fact save for a bit of weight it was great. Good luck with all your baby hopes and dreams!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?