First IUI
4 Replies
LDR964 - May 10

Hello out there! Had my first IUI procedure done 4/26/10. Took a urine test today 5/9/10 and it was negative. Go to doctor's tomorrow for blood test. What are the odds that test was wrong?

nidhi.d - May 12

chances are less but will pray for you :). keep posted abt the progress

hopeful444 - May 20

I am new to posting threads but thought I would go ahead and give (and hopefully get) some extra support...First of all, LDR964 I hope you got the results you were hoping for. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Here's my story...my husband and I have been TTC for a year and 7 months now and it has been one thing after another for us. I won't go into all of it because it would take forever to explain but if anyone is interested in more information please ask. Our brief history is that my husband has a not so desirable sperm count. I have had a laparoscopy in which the doctor removed a fairly large cyst on my right ovary and determined that I have stage one endometriosis (had the surgery 3/30/10). Just went to the doctor on 5/10 and discovered the cyst was back and I had to have it drained. I was given prometrium in order to induce a period and had to call when I started my period.

Okay well on Monday I will be going in to hopefully start my first IUI procedure. I have been on Clomid 100mg (took it days 3-7) and have my Ovidrel shot ready to go. I have a doctor's appt on 5/24 and I am hoping to find out that I have plenty of follicles so that we can do the sperm wash and IUI (along with the Ovidrel shot). Has anyone had success doing this and about how long did it take?

I was hoping that by posting this that I could hear some other success stories and/or struggles. My husband and I are wanting to have children so badly and this process has been so hard. I don't know anyone personally that has had the same issues so whenever I hear about another one of my friends/family getting pregnant I just want to scream inside. It breaks my heart to feel that way (I want nothing more than to be happy for them)I just cannot seem to get past this. Is anyone else going through the same thing?

koka - May 28

Hi ladies i had my first IUI two weeks ago and was so sure everything was good and yesterday i found out by doing the blood test that i was not pregnant..hm i was totally lost,couldn't believe as i don't think i had big problems neither my husband (we have already one daughter she is 5 and we got her totally natural.we tried for a while to get nr2. but no success so i was thinking to try something more serious.Today is a new day ,just got my period and i am looking forward to win the next time.there is nothing to loose.

luvbobbi - May 30

To kola u have a very optimistic attitude! Hopeful444 we r probably all in the same boat! My hubbys cousin & his wife started trying last September she announced she was pregnant on Christmas. I was heartbroken & felt guilty about that. First I felt that since she knew we were also trying & we had a stillbirth last yr., It could hv waited (the news). However now the baby shower is coming & I don't think I will be going. It's too stressful & I still am in pain over losing my baby girl last year. Now ttc again is taking pretty long & it hurts. So don't feel guilty they r ur feelings, but be happy for them. I wish us all well!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?