Anyone from Canada?
15 Replies
carrot top - November 23

I was just wondering if anyone on here is from Canada. If so what treatments have you done and how much has it cost? Thanks!

lovemy3 - November 23

I am, but so far I'm just trying naturally.

soimpatient - November 23

I am from Ontario and I went to a fertility clinic and had to pay $500/month for co-ordination of u/s and admin fees. I also did clomid and it was about $30/month (after my benefits). I know that in Ontario infertility is NOT covered by OHIP. Where in Canada are you?

isa - November 23

i am -I've spent over $18000. I did 6 medicated iui's and 1 ivf that got cancelled on cd13 due to poor response and over suppressed from the lupron. (normally i stimulated really well but the lupron messed up my system big time) . costs vary depending on your clinic, what your doing and the big expense of what drugs and how much (amount you need to use) and it all depends on what your diagnosis is.

javidsgirl - November 23

i am from toronto i tried soy this cycle i thought it was a bust but now my af is 3 days late

javidsgirl - November 23

oh and i know what your thinking why havent you tested well i am still trying to talk myself into it

lovemy3 - November 23

hi there, I am cd31 today and tested and got a negative. Not sure if I tested to early though. I had a positive opk on cd20 and cd21, so I would only be 10 or 11 dpo. I hope you get a BFP!

isa - November 23

so impatient I am shocked you had to pay any fees for admin and u/s. I too am in Ontario west of toronto and all my testings and all u/s were free, covered by ohip. My iui's, meds and ivf stuff is not covered but the rest was 100% covered by ohip with no admin fees. I think you got taken b/c the doctor is paid by ohip for doing your u/s and monitoring of your cycles . When i did the iui's it was $400 which covered the 2 iui's back to back, husbands sperm washing and all total fees but just doing natural bd cycles with monitoring was totally free. I never have paid an admin cost or a coorination u/s cost ever. I even had hsg done and was covered by ohip fully. I did 2 full monitoring cycles including blood work and u/s's that was fully covered.They tested lh, progesterone, fsh, tsh, prolactin, testosterone, dheas, lining, e2 and antral follie counts (all done on cd3) as well as full bladder and vaginal u/s on cd3, then cd 10, 12 they did vag u/s and b/w and they montored me until ovulation and when i was to ovulate so dh and i could do a natural bd cycle, then on cd21 progesterone test, and then my beta test. They did this free no 1 penny from me. I did this 2 cycles before we decided on treatment plan for me. Also the sperm analysis test for dh were all fully covered by Ohip . We also had covered the post coital exam, mycoplasm swabs and my dh's u/s of his "parts" was covered. By the way OHIP will cover much of the fees for 3 tries at ivf if you have double blocked tubes if you are under 40. That is the only reason they will do it though but only if it is not from surgery or a previous health issue. Unfortunately that is not my issue and i am over 40 but you should call around and find a place that does not charge you to run tests. Now more extensive testings can be charged as you get further into fertility stuff but all that stuff I mentioned was 100% covered for us.

carrot top - November 23

Hi Everyone, Its good to know there are a few Canadians on here! I'm from Alberta just south of Calgary. I am still waiting for the test results of my hubbys sperm analysis. Its been over a week. I'm going to call the doctor now and see whats going on. Anyone from Alberta? I'm wondering if the health care is different from province to province.

javidsgirl - November 23

carrot top i really don't know if health care coverage varies from province to province that is something interesting to look into though is infertility covered completely in alberta?

carrot top - November 23

javidsgirl, not sure entirely about coverage of infertility. I think the diagnosis part of it is covered but any treatment isn't. Not sure though. I called the doctors office about my hubbys analysis. They had filed it away without contacting us for an appointment. So its a good thing I called. We go on Monday to find out about the results. I hope you get your BFP Javidsgirl! Do you have any symptoms? Is this your first? I hope this is the month for us all! Lets increase Canada's population!!

javidsgirl - November 23

thanks for the bfp wishes i really apreicate it. wow that sucks that your doc"s office did that i hope you get good news on monday. i am pretty sure our health coverage is the same then

soimpatient - November 23

Isa, I agree...I was pretty bummed when I learned that I had to pay "fees" but they said that the fees were for co-ordinating (scheduling) u/s, faxing reports, and...well, I guess that is about it. It was a huge waste of money since the clinic didn't work for me and I got pg on a break cycle!

javidsgirl - November 23

well angela like we say it is god doing and timing

isa - November 24

so important congrats on you "off cycle" pg. That's what i'd love to have happen now!! to those asking yes each province's plans can be different. Some help pay for ivf some dont. You can probably google it on the gov't website for your province. that is how i found out about ohip coverage in ontario

javidsgirl - November 24

i"m just curious what provinces cover ivf?

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?