what is clomid?
12 Replies
crystal - March 9

Hey girls,
I'm pretty new to this website. I see all these code words and figure most of them out but i'm curious about clomid. I'm geussing it's a fertility drug. My doctor has not offered any fert. drugs to me. does this clomid really work? has it worked for some of you? and if so how long did it take?

June - March 9

Clomid is an ovualtion inducing drug.

crystal - March 9

well i'm ovulating so i geuss i don't need that. thanks

June - March 9

No prob! So what seems to be the problem? have any ideas yet?

crystal - March 9

june, i wish i could tell you, i wish the doctor could just tell me why i'm not conceiving. Dr. tells me we're both fine after a few tests. the HSG and sperm check. I wonder if i'll ever get pregnant. i cry all the time over it. I use the ovulation predictor every month and we keep pretty busy those days it says we're ovulating. then two weeks goes by and i start my period and crying.

June - March 9

OH MY..Im so sorry....How long have you been TTC? You seem to have what they call "unexplained infertilty"..or something like that..

June - March 9

You Crystal, just because the predictor says your ovulating doesnt mean its 100%..I suggest you check your cervical mucus and start BBT. Its the most accurate way by far!

Let me know If you need some clarification or help on how to go about it. :)

crystal - March 9

I thought the ovulation predictors were 99.9% accurate? that's what my dr. said to do. i geuss i should start the body temp. if that's what bbt means. I have been trying for almost a year. i hate the unexplained fertility. i go see my favorite gyn. in two weeks. he delivered my sister and my sister's FOUR babies. my mom also had seven pregnancies. and i've had none. but i am excited about seeing my gyn. i haven't seen him in five years cuz i got different insurance. he'll fix me

June - March 9

I have read time and time again that Ovulation predictors are reliable but not 100% it can be 99% but there are more ways along with OPK's. I suggest you start BBT and check your mucus too! Make sure you have enough EWCM! Good luck and let me know how it goes!:)

crystal - March 9

thanks june, i will do that bbt. your a sweetie. i'm very thankful i found this website. it helps when i have those bad days.

June - March 9

Keep smiling and keep trying. Get to know your body and it will be easier for you. You are not alone in this !

Melissa - March 10

I definitely recommend charting your bbt. When I used the ovulation predictors it would show positive for ovulation, but my charts started showing that I was ovulating too late in my cycle.

babygirl1967 - March 16

hello everyone just wanted to say that i use the opks and i know i ovulate but i realized that i dont release any eggs, i had an hsg done in jan and it showed that i have one tube clogged so the doc put me on clomid i will start my first round in april

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?