Trying to conceive
4 Replies
bin - January 8

Hello
My husband and I are planning to have a baby. I am 28 years old and my husband is 36 years.
We have been trying for the past 2 months (Nov and Dec 2006) and I have not got pregnant so far.
My periods are regular and I have a 28 days cycle. And we do not have any major health problems.
I read on the websites that we should have sex on the days leading upto ovulation.

1) Should we have sex everyday or on alternate days ?
2) How long should I stay in bed after having sex.
3) And for how many months do we need to try, before checking with a doctor (if I dont conceive).

Thanks

cspears99 - January 8

Hi bin, most dr's won't start anything for you until you have been trying for at least 1 1/2yrs to 2 years?? you should test for O and you shouldn't bd every day only every other day, I wish you lots of luck!! :-)

missmissy - January 8

Hi Bin.
I am 26 so not much younger than you, I alos have a 28 day cycle, healthy etc. My husband and I started trying in September and got pregnant in early October. The first month we had sex on days 12, 13, 14 and 15. I ovulated on day 14 but then I heard that sex every day can reduce the quality and strength of the sperm so the next month we had sex on day 12, 14 and 17 and we fell pregnant. The first month I lay in bed with legs in the air for 20 mins, the second month I just got straight up! The average time to get pregnant is 9-12 months in a normal healthy couple under 35, so doctors wont look into it til its at least a year. If its any advice the second month when I conceived I wasn't even thinking about it where as the first month I was obsessing and really worried, I know its easier said than done but relaxing does really help.

lyric - January 8

Hi Bin- BD every other day. DH and I start on cd11 and end cd19. They say 30 mintues w/ your pelvis elevated by a pillow. My doc says 1 yr if you are under 35. Do you temp?

tonyaandjoe - January 8

do it every other day and you don't have to stay in bed. start on cd 10 and continue till about 2-3 days after ovulation.

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?