There is hope!!!!
0 Replies
Been there - November 15

Hi gals! I used to be a frequent flyer here as we were ttc for 5 years. I'm pg now....I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow, but I lurk here just to see if I can be any help. As I said we had been ttc for 5 years, and finally a coupke years ago I was diagnosed with pcos. I was put on Metformin, but I didn't like some of the side effects like nausea. In May, while checking some sites out I noticed how many ladies were on the Metformin and it did actually work, and thought maybe I should give it another go. So I went back to my gyn and he put me on the Metformin...at first 500mg twice a day, then 3 times a day, then up to 750mg twice a day. He also put me on Clomid 100mg cd 3-7. And this time I stuck to it. There were nausea and headaches as side effects, but I pushed through. I took my third and final cycle of Clomid in July and went on holidays. I forgot my thermometer at home and just wrote off that cycle. I thought no way would I get pg. So by the middle of August af was late...as usual. But I still went in for my blood hcg. They called me back the next day and told me not to get too excited, but I did have low levels of hcg. 2 weeks and many vials of blood later, they said for sure I was pg! All I want to do with this post is to spread a little hope. All 5 years of us ttc were filled with desperation and slowly fading hope. And I'm not saying medication is the way to go, or the doses of the medication I was on were the magic key. All I'm saying is if you can, look at all your options, but most of all, DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!! It can happen! Spreading tons of Baby Dust over you all :)

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?