Endometriosis
11 Replies
EndoGirl - April 27

Has anyone had Endometriosis who is trying to concieve? Just would like to know how you are getting on?

AMANDA - April 29

I HAVE ENDOMETRIOSIS. IT IS NOT FUN. BUT AFTER MY FIRST SURGERY I CONCIEVED MY DAUGHTER WHO IS GREAT. BUT THIS PAST MAY I HAD MY SECOND SURGERY AND THEY SAID IT WAS BACK AND IT WAS REALLY REALLY BAD THIS TIME. AND MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN TRY TO GET PREGNANT FOR TWO YEARS AND NO LUCK BUT I AM STILL KEEPING AN OPEN MIND AND I HAVE FAITH THAT IT WILL HAPPEN SOME DAY SOME HOW. I AM SCARED TO DEATH THAT I WILL NEVER GET PREGNANT AGAIN BUT AT LEAST I HAVE ONE MIRACLE.

EndoGirl - May 1

Hi Amanda. I had an operation last June and am now trying to concieve, my periods have recently become irregular and it may be that I now has PSOS. That is a shame that it returned for you, I thought that if you had a child the chances of it returning were slim. You are lucky that you have one child though. Good Luck!

christina - May 4

Hi I was just diagnosed with endo. and i feel better knowing it at least know i have a reason why i am not concieving, it just worries me when and why it comes back, i hate to have to keep going in for surgery, did they recommend any medicine for anyone with this, cause they told me i shouldnt need it since they cleared it and i only had two areas with it.

kelly - May 4

i also suffer with the dreade E but was only diagnosed after the birth of my son 5 years ago and i have conceived twice since but sadley never went full term and lost them both but i know that i can get pregnant even after the diagnosis so it is still a possibility that it may not cause infertility but it might take longer to concieve , good look and keep us all posted we are all here for you to talk to kelly x

christina - May 4

they told us the blockages i had in the tubes, and the enod. could be part of th problem i have never concieved, some people i know concieved right away even having endo and other problems and some it is taking long like me. who knows anymore i am at a point tired of the waiting to be dissapointed every month anyone else feeling this way then there are days i try to be positive, i had this surgery in hopes it helps we shall see....good luck to all.

EndoGirl - May 5

Hi Christina and Kelly. Thanks for your messages. My Gyno has recommended a healthy lifestyle such as cardio exercise five times a week for an hour, drinking lots of water and eating healthy foods and cutting back on sugars and carbs. I dont think you can take any medicine for Endo you just have to make lifestyle changes. I am going to see my Gyno on Monday as I am TTC but now it looks like I have PCOS, I had tests on Monday and I am nervous to find out the results. Christina, have they cleared your tubes or are you on any fertility medication? Are you going to try for another one Kelly?

christina - May 6

actually i had the tubes blown again, with surgery recently and am awaiting results.

Lindsay - June 6

Ive only just been diagnosed with Endo after trying to concieve for over 2 years. I dont know what treatment to have, my doctor recommends surgery as the hormone tablets bring on the menopause.

To Lindsay - June 7

I was diagnosed with Endo last year after 3 years of trying with no luck. I was put on Clomid but that didn't help. I was then booked in for my 2nd lapo last year to clean it all out. My gyno then put me on treatment for 6months which does bring on menapouse type symptoms. I was having the hot flashes, the sweating, insomnia and absolutely no sex drive..poor hubby..lol.. My results came back and my gyno said it was a success, my hormones are in perfect condition and not to come back to him until I'm pregnant. He sounded confident that this is going to work now. The treatments are not exactly pleasant but you need to give everything a go. We will start trying again next month. I'm feeling that after all these years my time is coming up. I wish you all the very best of luck. Miracles do happen!

Rachel - September 18

I am a young mother of a 3 year old. I have been doing my research and I just recently found out about endometriosis. I believe that I have it and I am awaiting my doctor visit. My husband and I have been trying to concieve, we desperately want more children....any recommendations for treatment?

Leslie - September 20

My husband and I have been ttc for 13 months. I found out in april that I have endo and pco, and after reading a lot of womens posts it seems that a lot of them have both, but I have not heard of them being linked, odd. I conceived in july but miscarried, still trying, but there is nothing they can do for some women except take everything out, in my case some of the peices of endo are on nerves and couln't be removed, I have had a lap, but it didn't help. My doc says getting pg or going on bc are the best tempoary treatments. I noticed while I was pg that there was NO PAIN. Good luck to all of you.

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?