Clomid success story - it does work!
2151 Replies
kittymom - May 7

Hi Katie 267: That happened to me too..I used to have a heavy AF for 2-3 days, now it's just 24 hours then virtually gone. It's from having a thin lining. Maybe next time ask if you can take some Estrace to help thicken it after the Clomid?

I really need some help ladies, I'm freaking out a little. I had the trigger shot on Saturday night, then IUI yesterday, but I'm convinced that I didn't ovulate yet because I didn't have that really bad pain that I normally get when I ovulate. I was up all night worrying about it, so I called my RE this morning, hoping I could come in for another u/s and see if my 2 follicles are still there, but he said to come in on Friday for a progesterone test to see if I ovulated. I'm so frustrated because I wait all month for this, and now it might have all been a waste. The nurse said she never heard of the trigger shot not working, but I find that hard to believe. Has anyone had the trigger shot and not ovulated after? I don't know what to do and I'm so stressed out from this.

I also drank 2 cups of red raspberry tea yesterday thinking it might help me ovulate but it didn't..does anyone else have any ovulation tricks? Maybe I should just admit to myself that it's too late now and give up. :o(

katie267 - May 14

Hey ladies, a little update.

I got my period May 3rd but it was done by the 4th. It was so bizarre. I chalked it up to a thin uterine lining. I called my OB and she thought it was strange (if I had a thin lining they would have seen it in my ultrasound for the follicle check). The past few days I have been having this nagging 'I'm pregnant' feeling so today I took a test and got an extremeeeely faint positive. I had to take the test strip out of the case to see it, but there is definitely pink dye there. I am so confused! I have cramps and feel like my period is about to start, but it ended 2 weeks ago. If I was pregnant I'd be 6 weeks and it would show a definite positive on the test right?!

I called my OBGYN to get a blood test but my doctor is gone for the day :(. I have an ultrasound tomorrow for a follicle check. Should I just ask them to check my womb for pregnancy instead of my checking my ovaries for follicles? OH and I took my clomid like I was supposed to. That won't hurt anything will it?

So confused!!

Jinni - May 15

Hi Katie267 i pray for u that this is ur pregnancy and healthy pregnancy ...so all the best...

My progestrone level was 1 so GP told me might be i ovulate late but that was not the case with i ovulate on the correct time and my level was 1 only...29th was my die date for periods..After a week i got thick white discharge with browninsh one also I thought it was my period but I was wrong that discharge or a single spot in a day is not my period that spotting ends within 5 days ...

I M also confused how my body is behaving...My doc gave me medicine for inducing periods and now i m on that..

When i went to my doc I cried so badly this clomid make my body sick , tired, fatigue...I hate it ...i mentally , physcially tired and want to rid off this whole process..Y its so difficult for me and for all of us to have baby...My brothers wife is due in some days i really want that for myself also....Pls God listen to us also...

katie267 - May 15

Thanks Jinni but my doctor just called and said my blood test was negative. I am SO confused. I definitely had a positive result yesterday. I took the test strip out and it was pink.

ybelow - May 24

I used clomid last year one round and got pregnant with twins the very first try! I have PCOS and my husband and I have been TTC for a year when my ob put me on it the very first visit. I was taking the lowest dose of 25mg and I started mine on day 5 of my cycle! My ob never checked my follicles or did any ultrasounds. I did a HPT & it was positive only 8 days after "trying". The first sign I got was the spotting. Darkish brown and it lasted for maybe 24hrs. I am also a big busted lady and my breast were killing me about 10 days after using clomid. When I went to my first ob appt for the pregnancy I found out I was pregnant with twins and that's why the HPT was + so early. We never have up hope of having our own children and we prayed everyday for god to bless us with one (or 2) lol but for all the women out there TTC do not give up! I now have 2 wonderful babies (a girl harmony and a boy Harrison)! And we'll now just a lil after 2 months of giving birth I found out last week I'm pregnant again!! And yep it's twins again!!! And I was not taking clomid! My husband and I weren't allowed to have sex the last 3 months of my pregnancy due to the fact my doc didn't want it to jump start labor. Well we found out the hard way not to have unprotected sex after giving birth... We're going to have our hands full with 2 sets of twins I'm due January 8th 2014 so hopefully all goes well like last time! And I hope all of you are blessed with babies like my husband and I have been! God bless you all!!

katie267 - May 24

Ybelow you are a very lucky woman! I am on round 3 and if this doesn't work they are going to explore other issues and do an HSG (which I do NOT have the money for!) And I don't even have PCOS, just pre-PCOS. Sigh.

ybelow - May 24

Katie- yes I am! My husband and I had suffered many m/c & we both depressed and it was taking a role on our mental and physical health and also our marriage! I know climbs won't work for everyone but all I can say is don't ever give up because when my doctor put me on clomid my s/e were not easy to deal with & I told my ob I would not be able to do any more rounds after my first. And we prayed and prayed & God did answer our prayers! We are really really nervous now again having another set of twins so close in age with our twins now! When my ob told me it would be impossible for us to Concieve naturally I never thought twice about having sex right after giving birth because I did not think I'd get preg on my own! But anyways Katie I hope & pray for you and all the other women who are dealing with what I had to get a beautiful blessing very soon! I know it's so hard hearing other people "oh we're pregnant" :( especially when some people don't deserve a child & that is what hurt me the most :(

Mama-bear - July 27

Have you asked your doc about novladex/tamoxifen? Has the same effect as clomid but stays in your system shorter and so doesn't affect womb lining like clomid does. I just got pg first time on it...hcg doubling every 42 hours and 4mm sac seen at 4w4d... Seems to have done the trick.... This is after several mc due to failure during implantation. I can only think that it's down to the lining texture. I noticed periods were diff on clomid... V heavy so I assumed lining was more than fine til I realised actually it was the texture that was all wrong. not like jelly but more like half chilled jelly...sorry tmi but worth noting!

Mama-bear - July 27

Have you asked your doc about novladex/tamoxifen? Has the same effect as clomid but stays in your system shorter and so doesn't affect womb lining like clomid does. I just got pg first time on it...hcg doubling every 42 hours and 4mm sac seen at 4w4d... Seems to have done the trick.... This is after several mc due to failure during implantation. I can only think that it's down to the lining texture. I noticed periods were diff on clomid... V heavy so I assumed lining was more than fine til I realised actually it was the texture that was all wrong. not like jelly but more like half chilled jelly...sorry tmi but worth noting!

Mama-bear - July 27

Mama-bear - July 27

Omgd I just read about your 2 sets of twins ha! Excellent... I've b/g twins and LOVE being a twin mum.. Good luck :)

Mama-bear - July 27

Omgd I just read about your 2 sets of twins ha! Excellent... I've b/g twins and LOVE being a twin mum.. Good luck :)

ybelow - July 28

Oh and my due date has changed as well I was further along than my doc thought im due December 15th ...... And my last post I put 5 months and my twins are 4 months sorry didn't realize I hit 5 !!! God bless and tons and tons of baby dust

twinee - September 22

Hi

Im new to this site so thought id introduce myself :)

Im 28 with non id 8 yr old twin boys. Boys were conceived naturally/spontaneously.

I had a molar pregnancy 6 years ago and have been trying to conceive for 16months this time around.

Our consultant has just prescribed 4 cycles of clomid and im booked for a dye scan to check my tubes if clomid is unsuccessful.

Just waiting for my AF so I can start :)

Im quite worried about the link clomid seems to have with migraibes as ive suffered on and off with migraines for years

twinee - September 22

Hi

Im 28 with non id 8 yr old twin boys. Boys were conceived naturally/spontaneously.

I had a molar pregnancy 6 years ago and have been trying to conceive for 16months this time around.

Our consultant has just prescribed 4 cycles of clomid and im booked for a dye scan to check my tubes if clomid is unsuccessful.

Im quite worried about the link clomid seems to have with migraines as ive suffered on and off with migraines for years. How have you all found the side effects?

twinee - September 22

Hi

Im quite worried about the link clomid seems to have with migraines as ive suffered on and off with migraines for years. How have you all found the side effects?

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?