Am I Pregnant?
16 Replies
chrispea - October 17

Today is 14 days since my HCG shot and 13 days past IUI.... I have taken 3 tests and they are all positive. This is my first IUI cycle - I feel too nervous to start celebrating quite yet.... Has anyone else out there had a similar experience? False positives???

ginger6363 - October 17

It's very rare to get a false positive, much less three in a row. From my research, if your shot had the standard amount of HCG in it, it should have been out of your system by day ten or so. I think you should be excited, but do confirm with a blood test. Congrats, chrispea!

JenG - October 17

Umm... call your doc. Surprised you haven't! You are preggie sister. Congradulations!

chrispea - October 17

and I just took another test (different brand) and I have it hiding in my desk - with a big old + sign on it!!!

:)

mrshorse - October 17

Congratulations!!! I would call your dr immediately and go in for a blood test. I wish you the best and lots of baby dust to you!!

chrispea - October 17

I did call my MD - I am going in for the blood test tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

chele - October 17

Hi chrispea! How exciting, congratulations!!! Today would also be my 14th day from the HCG shot, however, I had back-to-back IUI's so I am suppose to count 14 days past IUI from the last one... basically your 14th day would be tomorrow and mine will be Thursday! Wow this is my 1st IUI also, I hope I can jump on the mommy wagon w/ you!!! You give me hope since it was your 1st try also. Do you mind sharing what meds, if any, you were taking? Also, since we are on the same exact cycle can you tell me if you experienced any signs? Congratulations again!!! Keep us posted on your results tomorrow.

chrispea - October 17

hi chele~ I started with the follistum shots - 150IU - on day 3..... and on day 11 the HCG (10,000 IU) and IUI on day 12 and day 13. Today is day 25....... So I will check in tomorrow when i get the news from the blood test. If it is positive I will have to go back on Friday as well for another blood test. I have my fingers crossed and admit I am reading "Fit Pregnancy" right now!

chele - October 18

chrispea, any good news?

chrispea - October 18

YES! I am pregnant - just got the news.... good luck chele.

mommywannabe - October 18

Congrats Chrispea!!

chele - October 19

Hi chrispea! I am so happy for you, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You must be in cloud 9 right now! do you normally have any symptoms before af comes? Did you or should I say do you have any systems now? I can test tomorrow but am nervous because I have that numbing feeling that I get before af, and my bbs are sore. Congratulations again!

snowbaby - October 19

Congrats Chrispea!! - Join the First Trimester Forum.!!! Good Luck..

chrispea - October 19

hi chele - good luck today...my symptoms have been sore breasts and nausea already!! And my HCG level was 128 - I am wondering if twins or more as this level is very high -

chele - October 21

Hi chrispea, well I tested on Thurdays and got a bfn but then realized that I was counting from the 1st IUI (I did back-to-backs) and they say to count from the last which meant yesterday. I got a bfn on that hpt. I am like clockwork when it comes to af (28days) and that would have been yesterday. Still no af and my temperature rose up this a.m. so if nothing by tomorrow I may test again. How are you feeling?

mrshorse - October 22

I am so happy for you!!! Please keep us posted. Congratulations again!!

isa - October 22

from lmp (last monthly period) average hcg rates are: uideline to hCG levels during pregnancy:

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

* 3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
* 4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
* 5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
* 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
* 7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
* 9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
* 13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
* 17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
* 25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
* Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
* Postmenopausal: <9.5 mIU/ml