Alycia's Angels 2006
786 Replies
Clara - January 4

Stef - I bet you are feeling the baby move. At first it's not always like a kick or punch. I would describe it more like rubbing the palm of your hand across your belly. I bet your hair looks good. Such a change takes time to get used to, plus it's hair and trust me, it will grow back if you really don't like it short. I know my hair grew like crazy when I was pregnant.

Amy - January 4

I am waiting for the lunchtime OJ to "kick" in...

Alycia - January 4

Amy - At first, I would feel the baby quite a bit one day and then hardly at all the next. I think it has to do with which direction they're facing when kicking... I don't think we can feel it well when they kick inward. Now that the baby is so much bigger and stronger, I feel him VERY frequently - rolling, twisting, squirming, kicking, stretching, etc. It's the strangest feeling when he kicks me while I'm peeing! As Clara mentioned, I notice that he responds a lot to my voice anytime or to my husband's while reading to him, as well as to foods. Sugary things wake him up, as do very spicy things. I feel bad about the spicy food, but it's supposed to get the baby used to the varying flavors in our breast milk, and I do love spicy food. Poor little guy... Clara - I sent you another email, so hopefully you'll get it soon.

Clara - January 4

Amy - That is funny. In another month or so you will be telling the baby to lay still!!! Alycia - when I was pregnant I wanted nothing but spicy food and now my son eats things that are really too hot for me. I craved spicy food. I would go out for Mexican and dig the onions out of the salsa to eat. Amy - the baby may have turned and the kicks and elbows may be less noticeable. Do you feel the baby at all? Or just less the last couple days? Alycia - I just checked, no email yet but I'll keep watching.

Stef - January 4

I cannot eat spicy foods. I did once and boy did i pay. Alycia- do you know for sure that your having a boy or is it a gut feeling? When can babys start hearing your voice. would it be too soon to talk to my belly. I don't want anyone think i'm talking to myself! I did notice that w/i the past week or two boy did i start to fill out in the my mid section. it wasn't like that awhile ago.

Alycia - January 4

Stef - I won't know whether the baby is a boy or a girl until it's born, but I really think it's a boy so I say "him" and "he." As for filling out, you will be SHOCKED how much you grow between 20 and 22 weeks if you're anything like me. My belly just ballooned, and it did it so quickly that it hurt my sides and ribs. Also, I don't think it's ever too early to talk to the baby. I noticed him appearing to respond to our voices and other sounds pretty shortly after I felt him moving. Funny story - I had one of our cats on my lap the other night, and the baby started kicking furiously. Each time he kicked, my cat's whole body moved! It was only a little bit, but dh could see it from across the room. I have quite a fiesty one in there!

Amy - January 4

Clara -- I've felt what I think is the baby a tiny bit today -- it's just that the intensity of the movements isn't as great as it was on Monday or the few days preceding. Alycia -- I'm with you on the belly expansion -- I'm in week 21 right now and it's like overnight people are noticing I'm pregnant! My regular shirts are now also popping up in the front, which my younger sister commented on while we were on vacation. She's the fashion police, so I guess that means I need to stick to maternity tops now!

Clara - January 4

Stef - I agree with Alycia. I began talking to my son well before he even had arms and legs. I read him a childrens book every night before going to sleep and I talked to him constantly. I would get strange looks in the stores because I would tell my "belly" everything I was doing when shopping! Sounds kooky but trust me he knew my voice and reacted. I've also heard it helps the bonding so that the baby learns to breastfeed quickly. I don't have any way to compare but my son began nursing immediately. Amy - I think your little one has turned a different direction to make room. If you still feel the baby move, everything is okay and it is very likely she was uncomfortable and rolled over.

Clara - January 4

Alycia - Try sending the email once more. My dh said that our email server was down briefly this afternoon and may be the reason I didn't get your message today. I'm not sure why it didn't come through yesterday. Who knows, got to love computers!

Rachel - January 4

Wow. lots of emails to go through. Everyone, thank you so much for your support. It was definitely hard to deal with at first but I'm getting there. The joked from others especially all the macho guys I will be working with in the new job will be hard to swallow but I must remember that they don't know and are not doing it to hurt me or my brother.
FF finally showed my o date, I thought I hadn't for a while but it's all good now.
Haven't been on much, I don't have a desk yet as we are being trained. My email is [email protected], I think sharing pictures would be so much fun.
Take Care and hope all is well.
Amy - I was glad to hear about the baby movement!!

Clara - January 5

Good Morning Ladies - I think I've sent everyone the email list. Let me know if anyone is missing an email address. Amy - I loved the pictures. The baby is beautiful! Rachel - I hope you are getting settled in nicely in your new role. And congrats on the O!

Stef - January 5

Clara- i'm only recvd amy's email and email address. I need everyone else's. Amyk- Thats so neat about the movements, i guess that's the best part besides birth during this time. As far as me blowing up i'm starting to get there. I'm sure it will be any day and i'll be huge. My stomach is starting ot itch. So i'm now using that palmers stretch mark cream in hopes of not getting any or very little stretch marks. I tried the o.j thing nothing really happened during the evening. But i can say the baby does like orange juice. I got up at 2:45am this morning and drank 1/2 gallon over nite. I do think its a good idea that everyone sends pictures. Kindof nice to get a face with all the emails. As i told amy i will send a picure of me and my bf and the lastest u/s once i go on the 20th.

Clara - January 5

Stef - not sure if you can get to your email at work but I just sent them this morning. Please let me know if you don't get it. Isn't it funny how we find something that really tastes good during pregnancy, we tend to want it all the time. Mine was Fuddruckers hamburgers. The day I had my son I was at Fuddruckers, having contractions but determined to have one more burger before I had the baby!

Alycia - January 5

Clara, I just sent you another email. I really hope this one works because I want pictures too! Have a good morning, everybody.

Stef - January 5

Clara- I didn't get your email today. Yes i can recieve them at work. If anyone else wants to email me thats great too. Can you please send it again to [email protected]. Thanks

Clara - January 5

Okay, now my home email is acting goofy and delaying delivery, whatever that really means so I just sent everyone the email list and Amy's pictures. Some of you may have already received them. Feel free to use my work email because I know if works all the time.

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?