When to take pregnancy test?
3 Replies
Amy - July 16

Hey, this is my hubby and my first month trying to conceive. We are hoping for the best here. lol. I started af on the 1st of this month so am due for af again on the 28th, 29th or 30th. probably the 28th though. being i have started normally every 28 days. anyhow, being i am expecting af then, when would be a good time to take a first response early pregnancy test? it says results as early as 5 days before your missed period, but could that be exact? that would be me testing on the 23rd or the 24th. would i really be able to get a correct result that soon if i was pregnant? or should i go ahead and wait longer? (we bd'ed on the 8th, 10th, 11th, 13th and 15th.) probably will again on the 16th. thanks for any info:) baby dust to all!!!!!!!!!

kc - July 16

The test determines the hcg levels which is produced by the developing placenta. After your egg is fertilized it does not attach to the wall of the uterus until 6 to 10 days after ovulation. After attached the placenta starts to develop and produce hcg in increasing amounts doubling every two days. So it is possible to get a positive result on the 23rd. However If you ovulated on the 14th the baby may not have attached until the 24 so you would not get a good result until the 27th or so. I am a test junkie. I usually test with the 5 day early test 5 days before it is to start. If neg. I wait 3 days and test again. Of course I always get a bfn and she always shows on time. Infact af arrived yesterday argggg. Good Luck I really hope it happened for you.

Amy - July 16

Hello kc. Thank you for the reply. I am sorry to hear that af showed for you. I wish you the best of luck lots of baby dust your way:) i will keep you posted. I have my fingers crossed. Not getting my hopes up too much though. don't want to be too bad let down if i get a negative. take care girl.

Jessica - July 21

Hi Amy and KC. It was so comforting to hear that someone is experiencing the same problems as I am. I actually had a misscarriage on 6/22 (at 6 weeks). I did ovulate on 7/8 and was expecting my period on 7/22. I am usually a very regular 28 day cycle. I know that I should expect some volatility following a miscarriage, but I have been experiencing some light spotting (pink/brownish color) yesterday and today 7/19 and 7/20. Still no af. Just curious if could possibly be implantation bleed. I did a hpt this morning and it was negative. I was hoping maybe it was too soon to test. I am desperate!! Thanks to all and good luck to you both!!!!! - J

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?