TTC in 2009 - Part 5
122 Replies
Aunemom2b - November 6

Toscana - yes - I posted a list on the main page. I think it says books and websites. I actually HATE to read but I get comfort reading about infertility and other people's experiences - it keeps me sane!! Of course I started out reading about HOW TO GET PREGNANT.. I get most of my books at Good will believe it or not - but I recently started buying them off amazon.com and can get used ones very cheap (and they are in good condition).. I also go to a lot of websites (this is the only forum I have found that I like though)... parenthood.com is where I go for ovulation calendar and it's always right!! earlypregnancytests.com is where I get my OV and HPT tests and they are a LOT cheaper than in the store!!! I hope you enjoy the books! Tell me what you think... also share some you have read that I may interested in! :-) -

Toscana - November 7

thanks Aunemom2b I will check them out! I'm excited to read about them I always found some christian books about infertility to read, I'll have to find them and post them on here. I think they will really help me alot with staying positive and having faith. but mostly I ready vampire books LOL u know like the Twilight series and the house of night and vampire acadamy, harry potter lol things like that! although the 5 love langueges is a good book for relationships and helping to better it and understand it and men are from mars women are from venus is good too.

Erica09 - November 8

Hi all! How are ya? I'm feeling a little better emotionally, but still moody. lol kinda worried, having pain in bottom left and right sides of stomach---like bend over pain, not sure what's going on but no ins. atm to head to the doctor. Maybe ovulation pains or something, but seems a bit late in my cycle for that. Anyway, you guys should read a book called The Secret. It's kinda inspirational on life overall (finances, relationships, happiness,etc.)-- says if you believe it, you'll get it. You have to be completely positive though and picture already having it WITHOUT a doubt. Problem is, with people like us who have tried so hard for a baby have a hard time pushing that little thought in the back of your head out that makes you feel like it will never happen (or at least I feel that way). Hard hard to stay completely positive without a single thought of negative

Aunemom2b - November 9

Toscana... funny - I have never read any of those books!! (nor have I seen the harry potter movies!!) lol!!! Like I said I hate to read... I luckily have a job that I have some down time, so I have started bringing books to pass the time (aside from being on the internet...lol) I have read a few James Patterson books and all of the left behind series (except the last two - still waiting on Good will to get them!) My husband can read 3 books at one time (which I think is crazy!) And my son is the same way... I'd rather watch tv or take a nap!! LOL!! The book MUST keep me interested!! (and have short chapters (easy reads) - which James patterson is great at... Erica, sorry about your pain. It could be a cyst... don't wait too long to find out - it could burst!! Be careful!!! Get Better soon!!! and keep us posted... KRISSY!! Good luck!! Just a couple of days!! I will be praying hard for you!!! I'm getting nervous!! I go tomorrow for my pre-op lab work and instructions... talk to ya'll soon!!

Krissy68 - November 9

Toscana - How are you doing? Good news on getting to pick out some insurance coverage and I hope it got some decent fertility coverage. Thank you very much for the support. ***** Erica09 - How are you doing? Did you make it to the doctor yet? Take care and I am thinking about you. ***** Aunemom2b - Well it is really count down for me. I have been going back and fourth to the rest room non stop. I will try and call you tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Keeping my fingers cross and I will be talking to you real soon. Krissy

Aunemom2b - November 10

Krissy - I am praying for you girl!! I really wish I had gone first - now I 'm nervous for you too!!! lol!! - They moved my surgery up to 3:15pm!! - at least they are letting me wake up at 5am and eat!! (I would DIE otherwise) he called me in some valium and phenegrine so hopefully I won't be completely messed up!! HAHA!! - I start the "bathroom" stuff tomorrow night!! YEA!! I will probably be up all night doing that!! FUN!! - Keep us posted on how it goes!!

CrystalMarie83 - November 12

Hey women! just poping in to say hi and catch-up! Krissyand Aunemom: I'm praying for you two! I hope everything works out well, and your new mommies before you know it! This month has been so $-hity for me and DH! DH works an on-call job and times have been really slow and my job of 5 years decided to lay me off so there goes all my insurance and fertility treatment. I'm sure once I get started on a new job with insurance, I can pick it up again, but as for now, I can't. ughhh a-hole job! at the last apptment before the lay-off the R.E. said I don't respond to clomid, and I didn't ovulate. She was going to move me on to injectables. I guess the clomid meds are just making my cycle crazy because I still havent got AF full force and I'm having this funky brownish discharge, but only when I wipe for the last couple of days but no period...it's weird that;s never happened to me before and I''ve taken the clomid before unprescribed....I did a hpt about 2 weeks ago, but it was negative. So idk whats going on. well chicas! Love and baby dust!

Krissy68 - November 13

CrystalMaria83 - I am so sorry about your job. I think you can keep your insurance for a few months after a layoff check in to it. I hope you find another job ASAP.
Hey girls I just wanted to give you all a update on my surgery. It didn't go so good both of my tubes are blocked as if I had my tubes tied. I am very devasted and depress and sad because my only option is to have IVF and I can't afford that. I will continue to pray for each of you and hope that you all have plenty of babies. Love you girls. Krissy

Aunemom2b - November 14

Hey everyone! thank you for thoughts and prayers. Surgery went well - sort of...nothing was found - so I still have "unexplained infertility"... It is bitter sweet!! - I haven't had the pain that I expected to have - but it's hard regardless!! there is pain - and the gas is unbearable!!! I am allergic to codiene so the only pain killer I can have is darvocet/demral - but I take it alot for my fibromyalgia so it has very little effect on me... basically I am just dealing with it... I didn't get any sleep last night - but hope tonight is better... Of course you can only sleep on my back (which I can't sleep on)...so I dosed most of the night!! My throat is hurting more tonight (guess from tube) - but glad that it's not as bad as I thought it would be - all that worry for nothing!! Hope everyone is ok - updates soon!

Aunemom2b - November 15

feeling better today - gas is gone (thankfully) thank you for your thoughts and prayers!!! they worked!! Getting ready to ovulate, etc - hoping I can bd soon!!! tonight is dh's birthday!! will not be getting the present he wants!! lol!!! - oh well - hopefully SOON!!! hope everyone is having a great weekend!

CrystalMarie83 - November 15

Krissy: I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery. I just know that this is not the end of the road for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thanks for the tip, I have heard about the cobra coverage for extending my insurance, but it's super expensive...upwards of 70 a month and wile I'm out of work, it's just not possible. I'm sure I'll find something soon...I hope, IDK, with this economy! I think this might just be a sign to let things be for a wile. I mean I have to, theres no other option. Still no real period for me...I think I'm all messed up from the clomid. I think I'm ready to start learning more about adoption... I mean after we get back on our feet money-wise. It seems like I keep messing with my body with medicines and all this poking and proding...I feel like a science expirement! Maybe I'm just on the wrong path with all this! Anyone know of any great adoption websites? Lots of love and baby dust!!!

Aunemom2b - November 16

Crystal!! - I called around to a few adoption agencies and they wanted $34,000!!! You will be better off looking into FOSTER CARE first - you can only get those that have parental rights revoked so you know they won't take them away... they will pay you while you foster the child (food, clothing,etc) and then the child will have medicaid until age 18 (unless you put on your insurance) - just look into what your state offers. It's a long ordeal of home inspections - lots of paperwork, etc. - but sooo worth it (a few girls in my sunday school class have done it)... **** Good luck - keep us posted!! - I'm back at work and under only min. pain... gonna try and make it until 4 when I go next door to dr to get stitches out, etc. - oh - and look into Blue Cross Blue shield - they have insurance while you don't work... not sure how much... also - look into TEMPORARY agencies - They will be the ones that get the jobs because companies don't want to put too much into permenant positions when they can pay for temps... I got my job on career builder.com - but before that I worked for a temp agency - and it wasn't just a temp job - it was permanent!! Just an idea!! Also - there is always restaurants (hostess/waittress) - I also worked at Kroger in the Pharmacy and that was fun too!! - GOOD LUCK!! - Part time is better than nothing!! :-)

cris2008 - November 16

Hi Aunemom2b, I have just posted some comments on another thread for you. Happy to know they found nothing wrong with you. I have a question, why did doctors do a Laparscopy on you? Did they know what they were looking for? What is Laparscopy? I ask because I had to have an hysteroscopy done after i had the most painful histerosalpincography test done on my tubes where they found a tiny something on my uterus . Hhysteroscopy was done after to confirm that it was a tiny scar on my uterus. Doctor didn't think I needed to remove it in order to get pregnant naturally. I did, but had a mc.

cris2008 - November 16

Krissy68, I have posted comments on another thread for you, but don't know if you will see. I am truly sorry for you news! My thoughts are with you today! I want you to rub your heart for me today to help it be strong! Take care :)

Aunemom2b - November 16

Hey Cris - I will look at the other threads as well... They did the laparoscopy to rule out anything else... It's where they go into the belly button and the one or two incisions - for me, they also did a hysteroscopy and D&C - but luckily they didn't find anything to scrape...they did see something that they biopsy but it came back negative... yes - the HSG was HELL!! I never want that again!! I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage!! My heart goes out to you!! I wish you the best! in the future!!

Aunemom2b - November 19

Hey guys!! how is everyone??? Any updates!!??? this is my OV week and dh is sick - and I'm still sore from surgery!! so it will be GOD that gets us pregnant this month!! LOL!!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?