one day period
5 Replies
susiek - December 12

My husband and I are trying to have a baby but since I came off the pill about 6 months ago, my cycles have been getting shorter and my last period has just been one day. Is this something to worry about?

Mega - December 12

Possibly. Or maybe it's just your body regulating itself. Some people are ready to be baby making machines immediately after stopping the pill, others it takes quite a bit longer. Or it could be more complex than that, as was my case. My cycles kept getting further apart as time went by. I was dx with PCOS. Definitely get it checked out. Most issues aren't hard to fix. Maybe make an appt. with your gyno for your yearly & casually mention you've been TTC & noticed something funky with your cycles. Hang in there. HTH.

kelly - December 12

Mega, How do they treat PCOS?

MuzikGurl - December 12

They treat PCOS, many different ways, through pills, surgery, dieting, excerise, ect...look on the web around most web sites are the same about symptoms and treatments. good luck hope everything works for the best!

Mega - December 12

For me, I'm on Metformin (a diabetic drug that also for some reason helps PCOS women too). I've also been taking Clomid to get me to ovulate. Because we also have male issues (morphology) we're about to begin our 3rd round of IUI. Dr's all seem to have differing definitions of PCOS, & also tend to favor different treatment options. But like MuzikGurl said, there are many different ways to treat PCOS.

Ashley - December 14

what is PCOS?

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?