January/February 2007 IVFers
416 Replies
JenG - January 3

Oh Isa, I meant to say way to go girl! 3 fertilized is great! I keep praying that the growth sustains for you.

isa - January 3

thank you all for best wishes. I am off to go buy a new heating pad for my belly since i lost the inside ring plug for this one .....washed down the sink last night ooops. I am more crampy on right than left side but ok just uncomfortable so i am taking it easy. DH has already called 2x's to check on me. There was no more spotting or bleeding last night or today so I am happy and dh says they showed me a chart of dividing embies or something that i asked to see but I sure dont remember it. Oh well. Can anyone tell me about my transfer on friday (yes day 3 transfer) will i be on meds? or do they just pop em in ? I am totally forgetful now and cant remmeber anything. I am going to have to try and dig my notes out. OH i do so pray i have all of them to transfer. I'm glad dh remembered to tell me the embryologist told us they looked good. I sure would not have remembered that. COL yes i remember you girl . How you doing? how far along are you now?

JenG - January 3

Isa, the ET is just like an IUI... except there is a tiny microscope to help them place them in the right spot. I actually saw the little embryos scoot up to the uterus area as they were sending them up. Not painful like the ER, but it does sort of irritate the area again, so you may have cramping and spotting. I did not have spotting at all, but each person is different. It was a little mellodramatic compared to the ER... :)

JenG - January 3

The biggest stressor about that day is finding out the grade of what they will be transferring back. For me, they gave me an update 24 post ER, then nothing till the ET. So, it was the report and not the procedure that caused all the angst....

Mega - January 3

Isa--At my clinic, I do get a valium before the tx. DH says it makes me quite loopy, he enjoys watching me like that. It makes everything more relaxed for the catherter while they insert those embies. But for me it doesn't blunt how uncomfy a full bladder can get. I thought you said a while back your clinic doesn't do valium for the tx but does give you something to take the edge off. Since your note skills are like mine, that info should be in there. Anyway I hope that answers your question. Wow, Friday on the tx, that's great. I'll keep sending dividing vibes to those precious embies! You're doing AH right? Glad you're feeling okay, not too overly sore. You'll be uncomfy for a couple of days I'm sure. That's funny about dropping ring plug of your heat pad down the drain, glad it didn't cause damage to your sink though. That wouldn't be funny. I guess those meds did have the amnesia-properties drs say they do. JenG, Cmel--No, no AF yet for me. I've thought a couple of times (over a week apart) I might've O'ed but I didn't track this cycle at all. Jen, I should be way more than 1/2 way thru though. I started bleeding on Dec. 4th. I just hope I didn't lapse back into my PCOSy ways this time, I suspect I might've. Oh well. As for you, I'd suggest starting the OPKs or whatever maybe around CD 12-13, which is probably well in advance of when you O with a 34 day cycle, but this way you know you won't miss the surge. Plus with residual meds still in your system O could happen a little earlier than usual.

Mega - January 3

I agree with Jen, it does feel a lot like an IUI really. Jen, that's so cool that you saw the embies scoot into the uterous. I had the u/s screen by me too but I wasn't at a good viewing angle.

Tink - January 3

ladies, wishing you all the best! isa, your eggs sound great!! i've just been reading this thread but am not to IVF yet....but might be if i don't get a BFP this weekend (4th IUI). i have scheduling issues too with having to go out of town for work in late march and early april, so i don't know when we would start pursuing IVF based on scheduling. i've learned so much reading your experiences and really hope you get some BFPs in 07!!!!!

JenG - January 3

Mel, Mega... how was your AF after IVF? Mine had a lot of clots and I am still brown spotting... (although it is a little now)?

ROBYN - January 3

Afternoon ladies wow what a great day on here ISA incredible news 3 fertilized that has got to make you thrilled. They havent told you what cell stage or grade yet? Friday is your big day I am so excited for you and hubby!! My clinic gave me 2 valium for the procedure of the transfer just like Mega I was loopy and it didnt hurt my hubby was in the room and we got to see them place the embryos back and we got and u/s pic with an arrow showing where they were placed. As you will soon realize the cramping is normal and will continue even with the transfer. MEGA - yes I am on bed rest till next Tuesday but my next appt is Thursday I think I am going to extend my bed rest till then. I was talking to one of my friends last night from work and she convinced me to not go back till I see my doctor again and she also said to insist on getting another letter stating that due to the stress of the job I cannot continue working midnite shift. I just wish we would change our shifts already. The rest of the police dept is changing on Sunday but not us who know when. But I think I really am gonna get a letter and see what happens. I am still cramping today so of course I will be doing nothing and just lying here. Anthony comes home on Saturday I cant wait to see him. MEGA no I am not on medical leave just on leave which I really dont have alot of time. I told hubby that I know I am not due for another 8 months but I wont have really much paid leave at all when I go on maternity leave. He said ok nothing we can do about it. I am not going back to work anyway but it would be nice to have a paycheck for a month or so hopefully I can build some time back up. But like my hubby says your health and the welfare of the baby is way more important than working right now. So whatever the doctors tell us thats what we are doing. Anyway I will check in a little while I just woke up I cant even sleep at normal hours i went to bed at 4 in the morning. Oh, Linds isnt today your beta? Pls post with the results. Talk to ya all later.

cmelissa - January 3

Isa gl on Friday I will be thinking of you!!! Jen i was a little clotty this period - i think too b/c they build up your lining so thick so there is a lot to shed! MEga when will you take the promertrium to start Af?

Mega - January 3

Jen--Yeah, I think my AF post IVF fresh cycle was a little heavier than usual, not too bad though. I think that's normal, since most likely your lining is a lot thicker than normal. The clotting is to be expected too. I definitely spotted brown, but that's pretty normal for me. Robyn--I agree with your friend about bed rest at least until your dr's appt., couldn't hurt, only help. Good idea on the dr's note too. The dept. would have to comply then I'd think, re: midnight shifts. Of course I don't work for the Gov't, so I don't know...More red tape there than corporate politics I know. Yeah, it's tough getting used to a whole new schedule, hopefully though you won't have to go back to midnights at all, esp. since in a few days of bed rest you'll be used to a day schedule again. That's good that Anthony will be back soon. Wow, nice long cruise, the lucky boy! I gather he doesn't know yet what's been going on with you & the baby? Does he know you're pg yet?

ROBYN - January 3

Hey Mega - yes Anthony knows I am pregnant. I have kept him totally involved with this entire process. He has even been with us to the RE and been into the u/s before i was pg. He is a very smart little boy and I dont like not telling him stuff. He called me from Jamaica yesterday so he knows everything that I went to the hospital and that his little brother or sister to doing great and that mommy needs a lot of rest to try and get better. Hes having a great time on the cruise wish it was me.

Mega - January 3

Cmel--If AF is still a no show by tomorrow I guess I'll call my clinic & get a script for prometrium. I'll start it Friday or Sat. I guess. Last time I took prometrium I hadn't even finished the pills before I started spotting. That would work out quite well schedule wise I think.

Mega - January 3

Oh I think that's great Robyn that he knows everything that's going on. He sounds like a very mature little guy.

ROBYN - January 3

Mega you have the patience of a saint I so would have been begging for the meds already to bring on the witch. I would be very eager to start the next cycle. I am sure you are too.

isa - January 3

QUESTION for you ivf'ers that have gotten through retrieval already - (not that i feel like it right now !! but) are orgasms or sex & orgasms ok between retrieval and transfer or is it only after transfer they are a no no?

I got a new heating pad but it stinks like rubber i hate it. I might have to venture out tomorrow and try another one. I live no where near where i got the first one. OH well.

Whoever asked re cells for my embies i wont know until tomorrow. She called before they were even 24 hours old, she will call me tomorrow again. She checks them at 7am every day and said she'd call me later on and i said oh no you can get me i'll be awake (since dh is up for work anyways i dont normally fall back asleep too quickly so i knew i"d lie awake wondering) so she called about 07:50. Todays call was merely a fert. report. Robyn I wish i was on that cruise too. Sounds like a mighty lucky boy (and a very smart one too!)I'm glad you can keep him informed.

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?