i need some advise
1 Replies
gigi23 - September 7

i;m getting a hsg done on friday and they told me not to eat or drink for 2 hours.. have you guys had to do that.. and when do i take some ibprofin??

Nicki - September 7

I had 2 HSGs done about 6-7 months ago. Definetely take some Tylenol, aspirin, or something before. It wasn't that bad, but afterwards the dye gave me some cramps. My first HSG the doctor could not perform because he couldn't get past my cervix to put in the dye. It was too tight and he said I had some sort of stricture? Anyway, I went back to my OB/GYN and she removed the stricture (ouch!!!) and dilated me so I could have the procedure done. My tubes and everything are fine except my uterus is tilted. So, as you can see, the test can tell you a whole lot! It is not so bad, especially since I had to have that other thing removed. I do know that my cervix is very tight and I have to be dilated for any other tests I have. They didn't tell me not to eat or drink beforehand, but that is also because I had transvaginal ultrasound right before so I had to have a full bladder. Hope I helped in some way!!! Good luck - you will be fine!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?