I have a question!!!
10 Replies
marymo - February 14

If a person is actually ovulating, regular cycles each month, can they still do Clomid? Also, does anyone know how a low progesterone plays a role in all this? Thank you.

angelkitty - February 14

Marymo, yes you can still use clomid if you O fine on your own and if your cycles are regular. It is called Superovulation. I O great on my own and have reg cycles and I used clomid for the 1st time this cycle. Progesterone levels determine how well you ovulate. Usually a number over 10 is a good.

marymo - February 14

Thanks Angelkitty, I guess I have another question for you. How much Clomid did your doc put you on. Was it a low dose? Are you trying to conceive with your first? and did you have your progesterone levels checked? Sorry for all the questions, just wondering. Thanks in advance.

addie1717 - February 14

Hey Marymo, I also O on my own, but suffered from a luteal phase defect...took 4 rounds of clomid to make it normal. This is my first month on progesterone and my first IUI. A few months ago when I had my progesterone test taken my levels were fine, but my RE still has me on on Progesterone? Maybe just to help sustain a pregnancy. I know it will cause AF not to come...so I have to test 15 days after IUI, if BFP I keep taking it, if no I stop and AF will come. I am also on HCG to trigger O and take a week later...I am trying for my 1st, and have been trying for 14 months. When are you due to test? I am supposed to test on the 24th....I also have a baby shower to go to that day, so hopefully I get a BFP or I will dread going to a baby shower, ya know...?

angelkitty - February 14

I had my progesterone level checked today and will get the results late this afternoon. The last progesterone test I had my results was a 16. I used 50mg clomid and I am ttc #1. Ask all the questions you want - I have learned so much from the wonderful ladies on this forum!!!! :o)

marymo - February 14

Thanks Addie and Angelkitty for your input. I had my progesterone levels drawn on Monday, they were 10.7. Ive been trying for 2/12 years for #3. First two babies absolutely no problems whatsoever at conceiving. Ive had my Prolactin, FSH done, Estradiol, Estrogen, and my Thryroid test, (Im hypothyroid, but on Synthroid), levels are now within normal. Had an u/s totally normal, even had my tubes checked, open. Im beside myself. I have my AF every 28 29 days. Always have been regular. Have the surges on the OPKs. Have done Natural Family Planning, never been on birth control. My DH had a semen analysis done, it showed WBCs, he was put on 3 months of antibiotics, cleared it up completely, still didnt get preggers. Im so frustrated!!! I can count, literally, 10 people who have been pregnant and have delivered all in the same time I have been trying. So, I thought, maybe my egg reserve is low, and need Clomid to help stimulate some eggs to release? I dont know anymore. I see my OB on Friday. Maybe a low dose of Clomid would help. At this point Im willing to give it a try. What do you think?????

angelkitty - February 14

Marymo I say go for it. Tell your doctor to start you off at 50mg clomid. That is what I started out at. I got my progesterone test back today - 37.4 compared to a 16 the last time it was tested. The clomid is working!!!!!

addie1717 - February 14

If you are worried about your ovarian reserve...they can test for that by drawing blood....that was one of the 1st tests I did. Ask your RE about it...

marymo - February 14

Addie, what was the blood test they did to check ovarian reserve? Can they do an internal u/s to check that way to, or not?

angelkitty - February 14

marymo - the test is called FSH and it is usually done by taking blood at certain day in your cycle - I just cannot remember which day. But the test is called FSH.

marymo - February 14

Angelkitty, I had the FSH done, it was normal. Im not sur e Clomid would be a good idea if Im already ovulating? Ive been reading it can make the mucus more hostile and then multiples!!!(yikes). I guess Ill see what my OB says. thanks again for input.

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?