How early can you ovulate?
14 Replies
DM - January 17

I'm curious how early one can ovulate... is it possible to Ovulate right after AF??? My last AF was Dec. 28... me and DH bd. on 1/2..... I was expecting to Ovulate around 1/14... however, for the last couple days my bb's have been increasingly sore... which is normal for me right before I start AF, which isn't due until 1/27......So is it possible to ovulate 6-10 days into cycle???

einfanti - January 17

Ovulation can happen early - depends on your cycle, etc. I used to ovulate 10-11 days into my cycle every month before I was on fert drugs. This cycle, I ovulated day 9 with a trigger.

DM - January 17

Thanks einfanti.... do you know if ovulating early is a problem though...does ovulating early hinder your chances of becoming pregnant or substaining the preganacy??

einfanti - January 17

It shouldn't be a "problem" if you have sex at the right time. But it may indicate other things - medical stuff that only a dr can help with. Are you having problems ttc?

DM - January 17

Oh, not problems... we've been trying for about 5 months now, so I'm not really considering that were having problems at this point.... But this month I did decide to start trying the OPK's, (A friend of mine gave me some she had left over) but I ran out before I got a positive....(Didn't get more yet), but assumed I was going to ovulate around the 14th... as thats 14 days before next cycle...but now my bb's are sore and that got me thinking, maybe I ovulated way earlier than I thougth, and I wasn't sure if One: that was possilbe, or Two: if I did is that a problem..... I beleive I had a chemical pregnancy about 5 months ago (Dr. agrees), and one of the first symptoms I got with that was sore bb's earlier than normal, which is what I'm having now, so I'm a little nervouse. Thank you for responding to me. I tried posting in another thead, but got no input.

einfanti - January 17

Sometimes the ladies in other threads are preoccupied and don't see new people asking questions - I have done that too. OPK's seem to work for the women here - if you are really trying to get pg, you should try it. Your O time seems to vary, sit may be very helpful. What's a chemical pregnancy?

DM - January 17

Essencially a chemical pregancy is one that ends very early in the process... Many will refer as an early miscarrage... I went to my dr. and he said it was actually pretty common, and alot of women have them and are not even aware as they may start there AF on time or just a few days late..... I will buy more OPK's and start testing right after my AF and see if I can get a better idea of when I ovulate.... could get pricey, but me and DH are so ready... we are trying for our 1st.

DM - January 17

There's a thread on here called Early miscarrage that discusses the chemical preganacy as well.

einfanti - January 17

thanks - funny how each of us knows different things - depending on our experiences.

Bailey - January 17

According to my doctor it can start at any time of your cycle. We are trying to determine whether I'm O early or late right now - been trying to conceive since May 05 with no luck - we just started using OPK's. I'm thinking I need to start those the day AF ends. Reason: My last af was on 1/3 - my doctor said start on day 10 using OPK's and use it until I get a surge - well I've been using an OPK every day and no surge yet - today is CD15 and no sign of a surge - however, I have a ton of white creamy cm and from what I have read can be an indication that O has already come and gone - should I continue to use OPK until AF arrives and then start earlier next month?

DM - January 17

Hi Bailey... are you using one OPK a day.... I've heard you should check twice a day as the window showing your about to ovulate can be verrry short... a matter of hours. I don't know if you should continue now until the end of the month, but if I'm not pregnant this month I'm going to start testing with the OPK's the first day after AF is done just to be sure I catch that O time.

Bailey - January 17

DM - I have not test 2x a day - the test I bought (which is easy clear circle if not O and a smiley face if yes) says you can test any time of the day but to be sure you do it the same time every day - it doesn't say anything about 2x a day - I'm going to cry if I'm should have been doing it 2x a day - so for instance you're saying if I tested this morning and got no surge - I should have tested this afternoon again because it could have surged today but will be gone by tomorrow morning?? I'm so confused and frustrated and sick of being disappointed. Any insight is appreciated - Thank you

DM - January 17

I've only just recently been looking up info on the OPK's.... I used Clear Blue.... and it says to specifically test in the afternoon as the levels will be higher, but I think some say to test in the morning.... I'm just going off what I have read from some other women say that testing 2 times a day could help assure you don't miss your surge,, but Bailey, you are using a diffent test that I was, so I'm not 100% sure on that one.... I have read though that one may want to test about every 12 hours to assure they catch that surge....

Bailey - January 17

DM - thank you. I'm going to try that - Does your test also say not to have anything to drink 4 hours before you test? The test I'm using is a Clear Blue Easy - I think it's new because I've never seen this one before - anyway - this one says I can test any time of day - I test in the morning when I wake up (mostly because it's the longest I've gone without a drink) should I test again tonight around 7:00 and see?

DM - January 17

Yes... you should wait 4 hours.... Now I read somewhere that the chemical surge (I'm forgetting what it's called right now), but it's likely to build up during the day thats why it's best to wait and test in the evening.... althought I don't fully understand why it wouldn't build up during the night... I agree, it's easier to test in the morning than the afternoon... I drink lots of water all day so 4 hours is a long time to hold it. I suppose if you wanted to test in the evening to, then 7:00 would be fine..... you should be able to look up some info on the internet regarding this too....

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?