First time IUI success?
1524 Replies
massy08 - August 8

Thanks Maycee thats what every body keeps telling me to stay positive and belive in it and itll happen but its alot easier said than done And I feel you on these treatments being expensive my insurance only covered my testing but will not cover any treatment and its another reason why I am hoping it works the first time because more treatments were not sure we can cover.Good luck hopefully this time it will work for you :) Congrats carriebeth and thanks it gives me hope. Thanks Drowanedu and congrats. I will be going in on friday for blood work and ovary us and I think thats when I will also be starting my clomid Ill keep you guys posted

Maycee02 - August 9

Massy, yes, it def is soooo much easier said than done.. for some reason my 1st IUI I was very negative and not at all excited because everyone had told me the first time it probably wouldn't work... not sure if that helped or hurt me... all I know is I wasn't totally devastated when I got the BFN cause I had kind of expected it.. for some reason I'm much more positive this time.. or... maybe just hopeful.. I'm not sure.. I'm currenty 3dpiui and wanting this 2ww to be over and hopefully get my BFP!! So far just have cramping as symptoms but that's normal and could go either way.. just started progesterone today and that causes all kinds of symptoms that are the same as PG so I'm going to try not to think too much about any symptoms at this point..
Congrats Drowanedu!!! That is very encouraging!! :)

massy08 - August 10

Yes and I think thats what I am very afraid of at this point is that it wont work. My hubby is very positive on the other hand and is 100% sure itll work so it kinda helps that one of us is positive. And I know the feeling because I would feel that way every month that we were ttc nauturally. And Im glad your more positive they say that when you are positive you get good out comes so maybe this time you will have your BFP :)Thats good to hear at least your wait will be done by the time I start mine and you will be pregnan. So I had my baseline U/S and my doctor has started me on clomid my next U/S is thursday and she will let me know if I am ready for my fsh shot. I'm very nervous and scared not that I have started my process...

Nikki101 - August 11

massy08 what treatment are you doing iui or ivf?

massy08 - August 13

Hey Niki I am doing IUI

CARMI - August 13

Hello ladies, i just wanted to tell all you ladies that are doing your 1st IUI and are in your 2ww to stay positive. Back in april i did my for IUI ever and all i did was clomid with it, and i am now 4 1/2 months prego and i am expecting my 1st child a baby boy in january. So my advice is stay positive because with a lil prayer anything is possible. i have been trying to concieve for 5 years now and i was dwn and depressed but with faith and a lil prayer, im finally becoming a mom. so plwase stay positive and it is possible on your 1st try! baby dust xoxoxox

Erin3015 - August 13

Hello ladies, just checking in, been so long! I hope everyone is doing well. I did IUI last year and got pregnant on the first try. We found out at our first ultrasound we were having twins. We had our boys in March and they are perfect. Keep the faith, it will happen. Thoughts an prayers to you all.

Erin3015 - August 13

Hello ladies, just checking in, been so long! I hope everyone is doing well. I did IUI last year and got pregnant on the first try. We found out at our first ultrasound we were having twins. We had our boys in March and they are perfect. Keep the faith, it will happen. Thoughts an prayers to you all.

Erin3015 - August 13

Erin3015 - August 13

Maycee02 - August 15

Hello! Just wanted to say hi! I'm now 9dpiui and my tummy is feeling very weird! Crampy/bloated... but almost like I have slight pulled muscles.. I don't know how to explain it.. strange.. I'm not sure if this is progesterone or signs of BFP! I'm not testing until 21st.. IF I can wait that long.. it's gonna be a LOOOONG 6 more days!!!

Sm22 - August 16

Baby dust to everyone

Going for a ultrasound on Saturday 3rd day of my period feels so real now it's all starting. Still not all sure what will be happening if I'll be getting any injections or that first iui. So nervous
Xxxxx

massy08 - August 17

Hey I have a question for you guys how long did it tak for your follicles to be ready for a trigger shot? I did 50mg of clomid and im on day 11 and have had 2 ultrasounds and Im still not ready so Im getting kinda of worried Im going in for another ultra sound on monday and my doctor said I should be ready and be able to schudule an iui for tuesday any thoughts Id apreciate it thanks good luck to every body

carriebeth5379 - August 17

Hi Massy08,

Since you have PCOS, your body will more than likely take a bit longer to get some mature follies, but that's just fine. I stimmed for a very long time and didn't even get a mature follie until CD22, when I triggered. I went in for 8 ultrasounds and used 32 Gonal F 75iu pens. The best advice I can give you is not to compare your journey to others. I would scan the internet and see that most women were triggering around CD12 and here I am with barely any follie growth. I got really upset and was extremely worried and started to lose hope. I found a website/forum (soulcysters) for women with PCOS and it was there I was reassured that slow and steady wins the race! Are you doing any shots of FSH besides the Clomid? Did the RE tell you what size your follies are right now? Clomid did not work for me - no follie growth. I wish you luck and don't get discouraged!

massy08 - August 18

Hey carriebeth thank you so much for responding I feel much better now and its nice to have someone understand what your going through Ive talked to some of my friends and all they can tell me is stop trying so hard which just makes me feel worse. Im not doing any shots since this is my first cycle my doctor just wanted to start me on clomid and do the trigger and have me do a IUI. She did not tell me what size they are all she said was to come back on monday and I should be ready for the trigger and that we should be able to schudule my IUI for tuesday. I am trying to stay positive and I believe this will work thanks Carribeth Ill keep you posted

aquene27 - February 6

Good morning everyone. This is our first IUI with Clomid, no injectables except Ovidril (I reacted "too well" to the Gonal-F last time). We go in tomorrow for the IUI. Keeping my fingers crossed!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?