Confused!!!
1 Replies
Carmen - August 19

Hi
I got my period on August 4th after being on depo for about a year and it was suppose to end in August. My partner and I want to have a child so we decided to start trying near the end of July into the beginning of August and we did it before, on, and after my period. Like 11 days later I decided to take a test even if it was way too early. 2 of them showed up with very light, light lines and the rest were negative. I started spotting soon after that too, but the spotting hasn’t stopped. I decided to go to the doctors to take a test and it came back negative but they said not to worry but to come back in 2 weeks. I’ve been feeling noxious, dizzy, my eating has changed a lot to being very hungry and then not being hungry for some foods that I love to eat, I have cramps, random headaches, annoyed easily and I’ve been peeing a lot. Confused because I’ve read that women that have been on depo don’t usually get their periods back right away maybe 6months to a year, and I got mine right away. Could I be pregnant even though the test at the doctors came back negative? And if I’m not could this bleeding cause me from not being able get pregnant? Is it weird that I got my period so soon? I want a child so bad that this is driving me crazy.

D. - August 19

Anything could be happening. Chemicals like BCPs and Depo can really mess with our systems. Some women will get back to normal almost immediately while others it may take longer. If you are JUST coming off Depo, I would seriously not try to get pg just yet. I've had a three friends who did, and all three have children with Cerebal Palsy. The doc says it PROBABLY didn't have anything to do with it. But they really believe that it did. Until we know more for sure, you might want to prevent just to be on the safe side. But that's just a suggestion. I know what it is like to want a baby so badly (I've been at it for 4 years). Good Luck. I hope all your dreams come true.

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?