Clomid and Ovulation
20 Replies
slowpoke01 - November 30

progesterone level for a medicated cycle they like to see at least 20 or over for non medicated they like to see 10-15. with clomid mine was always 23-28 without it was12. i usually ovualte on day 14 because they give me the hcg trigger shot to make me ovulate because my follicles are 18-20+ in size. ultrasounds are very important while taking clomid so that they can monitor for cysts and to check uterine lining and the size of the follicles if you are not getting follicle monitoring then i would suggest that you talk to your doc about this and have it done. good luck.

tonyaandjoe - November 30

when they drew my blood last month they said that you had to have a 5 in order to be pregnant and mine was a 4 and then they had me to go back to the dr.in a few days then they told me it was barely a 1. so i wasn't preggos. so i didn't know what they were talking about.

tk07 - December 1

slowpoke, they give you the shot because your follicles are that size? do they not get any bigger than that? because mine was at 23ish on cd12 so he thought it would be a couple more days before i O. i was just wondering what the shot is exactly for??

hem - December 1

hi boo b do, I don even know how long my cycle is. I relocated from Asia an year back and have not been ovulating since then. Took birth control pills for 3 months and that din work either. So thats why i am clomid now. Even if the cycles are long, i will atleast ovulate on clomid. I did ovulate this month on cd 19 and today is 9 dpo. If i ovulated on 50 mg this month, do you think an increase in the dosage or number of tablets is necessary? I am thinking abt asking the doc abt this before i start next month tabs. Is there anything else that happens by increasing the dosage. pls advice thx. and boo b do, good luck to you and everyone ttc.

Boo b do - December 1

Hi Hem. If I had ovulated on 50mg, my dr would not have increased my clomid to 100mg, that I am sure of. BUT saying that I am not sure what the clomid does when they increase it, even though you have ovulated. Maybe he knows something I don't or maybe one of the ladies on this sight may be able to answer that question. I would suggest you speak to your dr before you take it as he may have thought you would not ovulate on 50mg? Good luck with ttc.

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?