Alycia's Angels 2006
786 Replies
Clara - January 4

D - Sorry I became so defensive. These girls are like my second family and this is such a touchy subject and wanted to make sure Rachel knew we were here to support her and not be critical. I hope you can get your BFP soon. It's a long road but guarantee it is worth it.

Becca - January 4

Good morning all! Still have high temps. I think I am going to call the RE or my obgyn and see if they can do a blood test because with my 2 insurances it is actually cheaper for me to do a blood test then to buy a regular hpt. Also then I could get it done now and not worry that I tested too soon or something since a few sights say this week and a few say test next week. While I am sure this month is a bust my temps have now been up for a good 2 weeks so I need to either be pg or getting af. Well, I will write more later, I have to take my MIL to the bus station so she can go home.

Clara - January 4

Becca - I hope the high temps are good news. I know you feel like you didn't bd enough but like someone said, it only takes once!! A blood test sounds more certain than those silly pee on a sticks. POAS's always seem to be so confusing especially if you test too soon. A blood test can detect smaller amounts of hcg. Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

Becca - January 4

Clara- Thanks! Did you get my email? Some people look at the sender and delete it because my address is a date and they think that is strange (my dh set it up and the only thing that we didn't have to be 12th in line for was our anniversary date). I contacted the loan officer by email this morning and am hoping to hear from her today. Our collection agency uses her to refer debtors to and so does our office for refinancing their home to pay off the debts. The people we are looking at buying from are going to sale the home to us for about 15,000 less then what it is worth and so we hope to pay off our car with that and our one credit card and then hopefully have a new washer and dryer installed. I am doubting this will work out because it is kind of a fly by night decision (we were thinking more the end of this year we would purchase) but if it does it would be great because we will just rent out both the top and bottom while we stay here until 3-07 and then will still rent out the top for a little longer. Got to go to work now. I feel like I have been up for a long time. Probably because I have.

Amy - January 4

Becca -- I'm wishing you all the best as well!

Clara - January 4

Becca - I got your email and sent you a reply. Please let me know if you don't get it because I'm sending it over the web based access. Amy - I sent you Becca's email address as well. Becca - I hope everything works out for you. We bought our house about $15,000 less than it was worth because we were renting it first then bought it from our landlord. The mortgage companies gave us a hard time because they thought the deal was "too good to be true". We had to provide in writing from our landlord that the house was being sold for less since we rented and that a portion of the rent was being applied to the sale price. You would think the mortgage company would be happy we got a good deal! How is everyone this morning?

Alycia - January 4

Good morning, everyone. Clara - I sent you an email yesterday, but I got something saying it was delayed. It wasn't a failure message, so I'm not sure what's up. I'll try again....

Stef - January 4

Hello i found it. I was looking in the wrong areas. Glad everyone is doing well. Amy k- thats so neat that you can feel the baby move now. I don't think i've felt anything yet or anything that would make me believe that it was the baby. I figure any day now since i'm 18.5 weeks along. Alycia - glad your doing well. Glad your new years and christmas was good. Clara- Losing weight is a pain. I could never do it. But best of luck to you. So when do you think you'll start trying again? As for me my christmas was ok. New years was good, i was the dd of the nite but that was alright i still had a great time. I'm starting to get alittle belly now that i cannot suck in. So i figure the baby's growing now. I still don't think i've gained any weight or very little. Seems like the next 16 days will never get here.. I would really like to know what we are in for. I'm taking that day off of work.

Stef - January 4

Oh if amy or alycia can send pic's my email address is [email protected].

Clara - January 4

Stef - Glad you found us! Alycia - I haven't received your email yet but hopefully it is just internet traffic slowing it down. I plan to start trying again in March if I begin to ovulate. I didn't ovulate this last cycle so who knows. Oh, if you're not sure you feel baby moving, drink some orange juice. This tends to get them moving pretty good. Just be sure to avoid orange juice late at night if you have an active baby!

Clara - January 4

Stef - I'll send you the email addresses for Amy and Becca.

Amy - January 4

Orange juice, huh? That's funny that you say that, Clara -- I had a whole can on our plane ride home on Monday night. When I got into bed, the baby was really jumping! I had some grapefruit juice this morning, but I haven't experienced the same effect. Clara, do you remember how often you felt the baby early on? Monday I felt lots of activity (the most I had felt to date), but yesterday and today I haven't felt anything nearly the same in terms of strength or frequency.

Becca - January 4

Stef- I was wondering how your Holidays were and did your bf really get you a present like he said he had? Clara- That is neat about the orange juice. I will have to remember that for when I get pg. I can not check email at work so I will check it when I get home.

Clara - January 4

Amy - Orange juice must have more sugar than grapefruit. As for the movement, it was much more noticeable with different foods. Also, this sounds funny but the baby's activity always increased the more I talked and with more physical activity. Anytime I was concerned about not feeling the baby move, I would eat a piece of candy or drink some orange juice, that always did the trick. Oh, I made the mistake once by having a salad with jalapeno peppers on it. Not a good idea. The baby was obviously not comfortable because he was kicking hard. I didn't mean to hurt him, just wasn't thinking when I ordered the salad.

Stef - January 4

My holidays were good. Yes bf actually bought me somthing this year. But since he has spent his money foolishly in the past i now have complete control of every dime he brings in. Its only to help us out and be able to save. I figure we could save 1,000 a month. By the end of may we should be good to go. Thanks funny about the o.j. Actually i just bought some yesturday. I'll have to try that out. I my way home today for lunch i did feel somthing weird that i've been feeling on and off. I'm starting to think maybe it is the baby? No kicking or punching yet. I'll give it more time. I decided i'm dying my hair back to blonde on my next apt. I feel so ugly and unattractive right now. Especially since that girl cut off all of my hair. Its way short now and all i wanted was 2 inches off for split ends. I got 6 1/2 instead. So i'm really bumed about that too.

Clara - January 4

Stef - I bet you are feeling the baby move. At first it's not always like a kick or punch. I would describe it more like rubbing the palm of your hand across your belly. I bet your hair looks good. Such a change takes time to get used to, plus it's hair and trust me, it will grow back if you really don't like it short. I know my hair grew like crazy when I was pregnant.

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?