how long?
4 Replies
baby616 - August 22

I was on depo for 1 year and have been trying to concive 4 the last 3 months i was just woundering am i going to be trying forever please i need an answer?

leonia - August 26

hi baby,i was on depo for almost 3 and a half years.i got pregnant 3months after i stopped it.it all depends on the person and their cycle.if your periods are back to normal make sure you are ovulating,they sell test strips.that will help to speed it along,wish u the best of luck

Ashlee - August 31

Just like Leonia said, it depends on the person. I was on depo for 2 1/2 years and have been ttc for 6 months. My doctor told me it typically takes 6-18months to conceive. Good Luck.

jgraves86 - September 6

i was on it for four yrs. I have been ttc for 8 months now. took me three to get a period. By checking CM and cevical position, I know I am O'ing now. i also get mittleshmerz on one side each month. My doc said it could take up to 18 months.:( But check this: Depo thickens Cm and inhibits O, right. So this is probably what's wrong: 1) you are not o'ing, 2) your hormones are unbalanced because your cycles may be too short( this can cause u not to O, or if you do your body isn't producing enough FSH or LH to sustain a pregnancy),3) your CM is still thick and cannot carry sperm to the egg. How soon you get back to normal and in what order, I do not know. i am O'ing in the middle of my cycle so I do not have any hormonal defects, so the only thing has to be my CM, so I am taking Robitussin for it*(thins it out). For those not regular, this chick I know used FertlityBlend for one month and it regulated her cylces and she got pg! in fact, her levels show she is having multiples!! U can get FertiltyBlend at the local GNC stores or order it online. There is also FertilAide

risha - June 9

I was on depo for 5 months. I got pregnant after 41/2 months off of it.

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?