2nd round of clomid
2 Replies
Dale499 - August 1

Hey Ladies...im new to this whole forum thing. Since DH and I decided to get pregnant with no luck, only to find out that i have PCOS, ive been doing nothing but looking for positive reinforcement, which is what led me here.

To make a long story short Im 30 years old, have never been regular but always got my period. With my luck as soon as we decide its time for a baby BAM my period disappears for 2 months. Went to my Dr. to get the dreaded news taht i have PCOS. He put me on prometrium to induce a prd, than 100mg clomid days 3-7, followed by estradiol. I had hopes of success but no such luck. Day 14 u/s showed 1 7mm folly and day 21 progesterone blood test came back as zilch...DEPRESSING. So now im on my 2nd round of clomid at 150 mg and really REEEALLY hoping for a +++ this time around.

I realize that it could take up to several rounds but ugghhh im sooo impatient.

Reading all the posts on here is such an amazing help to my state of mind, and really lifts my spirits knowing im not alone and all of u are willing to share ur stories.

As much as I wish none of us had to go through this it truly helps to know im not alone and hopefully have u ladies in my boat.

GOOD LUCK to each and every one of us!!!

Ellkeiremi - August 6

Hi Dale499, i've had PCOS for years and have just been through my first round of clomid at 50 mg, went for my ultrasound on tuesday to find i have 12 follicles ranging from 10-15mm on day 9 estrogen level over 2500 so this cycle was cancelled :( the risk of multiples was far to high and next month i'm not allowed to take anything!!! then the following month im on 25mg.......... Hope you have more success than me :) its funny how clomid effects us all so differently. Wishing you all the best. :)

jonesfam - November 30

I posted in another post about clomid...watch out for it...I had a small case of PCOS and took clomid for 7 months, I ended up with endometriosis....try femara or something else...another doctor? Doctor's are clomid happy and seem to LOVE to prescribe it.

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?